Is my salary is enough to live in Bucarest?

Hello everyone,

Me and my husband are going to sign a contract with a company in Bucarest. They propose to me 1000euro as a salary (COBOL DEVELOPER WITH 6 years of experience), and my husband 400euro (as a junior). We have 2 kids aged 4 years and 2 years (so I have to enroll them in a KinderGarden).
My questions are:
Is our income (1400 euro) is enough to live in Bucarest: rent a flat, enroll the kids in a kindergarden and any other costs of living?
Shall I demand more money? and How much?

Please could you answer me asap, because I have to take a decision soon.
Many thanks.

No, your husband should ask for 1400-1500 euros net, money in your hands, so you two should have a budget of 2000 euros monthly together. This way you will live comfortable and enroll the children in a good kindergarden.

Girlie :

No, your husband should ask for 1400-1500 euros net, money in your hands, so you two should have a budget of 2000 euros monthly together. This way you will live comfortable and enroll the children in a good kindergarden.

Thanks for your response.

I would agree, the salary is too low for a COBOL developer, ask for more.

thank you

Hi,

The market medium salary in IT for an experience developer should be at least 2000 Euro , but depend of how u negotiate, but I will not go in Bucharest for 1000 / month.

BR,
Ovi