Do and don't in Azerbaijan

Are you living in Azerbaijan? We need you to share your experience of the local customs :)

Is it difficult to adjust to the local customs in Azerbaijan?

Could you please share with us a list of the do's and don't's in Azerbaijan?

Thanks!

I'm a Southamerican guy thinking of going for a short holiday to Azerbaijan  to comply a promise I've made to an Azeri girl I've met in a short encounter in US. Actually I don't know nothing about the Eurasian culture neither how the life and the people are there. I lived in many countries except in that region of the world, I just knew a bit from my friend, but not enough. So, I would like to know what to do and what not to do, especially with the girls and their parents. I don't know if a girl is single I can invite her to go to have a dinner, to the cinema or for a walk without breaking any rule that maybe is highly rooted in the Muslim culture. I don't know what is the impression the azeris have about people from other cultures and religions. I guess that maybe there are not many spanish speaking expats there.

The fathers here a definitely in control of the family situation.  I would check with you friend, but most likely if she lives at home with family you or she will need to obtain the father's permission to take her out.  She will also most likely have a curfew.

The first time you meet the family I would take a gift of flowers maybe for the mother.

We always take our shoes off at the door so wear warm socks!