Close

Apply for driving license in malaysia by foreigner

Dear to all of you,

I would like to apply for driving license in Malaysia but doesn't work. Can any 1 here help me?

Actually i have asked for the driving academy, everything i can provide (Time, fees, exam.....) except for "VISA" at least 6 months in Malaysia. The reason why is because i dont have permit or visa in malaysia and then accordingly to JPJ, they wont accept only passport. Is that any other way I can get the malaysia license?

Thanks in advise.

XiaoYu

The long term visa is the requirement for applying Malaysia's driving license.
Others are not problem.

No you can't get a driving licence without a reason i.e. an immigration status here. You can use an international driving licence in Malaysia so get one from your home country.

Actually I have Korean license but due to accident with alcohol, my licence has been suspended for 2 years, i only stay in Malaysia 2 months but i found this is so inconvenience if without a transport in Malaysia. I dont have to Visa or Permit right now, is that any way can help me?

Then just use grab car or uber. 😅

Sorry - I really have to laugh at this question.... Let's break it down simply:

1. You do not have a valid driving licence because you broke the law in your home country
2. You think that Malaysia should overlook this and give you a driving licence
3. Your convenience is the only issue at stake
4. The safety of EVERY other driver in Malaysia is totally irrelevant.

WELL I NEVER........

Gravitas

U mind to think this is funny, seriously i am a driver with extra care on the road, that was an accident which other ppl fault in my country but i am the 1 unfortunately. i am seeking for help.

Besides, grab and uber is not so comfortable to me especially some malaya driver. Some of them is totally rude and irreverence.

thanks anyway.

You may be seeking "help" but the law is the law.

You cannot get a license in your situation and if you don't like Uber or Grab, or a taxi, there is always walking.

XiaoYu123456 :

Actually I have Korean license but due to accident with alcohol, my licence has been suspended for 2 years, i only stay in Malaysia 2 months but i found this is so inconvenience if without a transport in Malaysia. I dont have to Visa or Permit right now, is that any way can help me?

Lots of people have accidents with alcohol. Did you try to explain to the Korean authorities that it was an accident?

Expatriate health insurance in Kuala Lumpur

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Kuala Lumpur

Moving to Kuala Lumpur

Find tips from professionals about moving to Kuala Lumpur

Travel insurance in Kuala Lumpur

Enjoy stress-free travel to Kuala Lumpur