Close

Freelance contract for an agency - IT business analyst

Dear All,

I have been offered an freelancing position as an Business analyst for an agency to work in Brussels. The contract for limited time 1 year and pays 220€. I am an EU citizen.
I have quite good job in my country, but since I am single I considering this offer as an option to get to know new country and culture.

I would like to know if you have any experience with agencies? Is there something be careful about when signing contract in agency or any threat?

Thank you.

I always worked with agencies without any problems.

Some agencies have difficulties to respect payment due date. But it was only offshore agencies...

Hey,

So I am a freelancer working in Brussels for a large clothing retailer and I am from the UK. I earn similar to you per hour, but I pay my taxes in the UK. I have an accountant working for me in the UK and I put all my work through my business. Belgian tax is massive so I figure that although I invoice in euros And my salary is converted into uk pounds, I loose in the conversion but I win with tax. I don’t pay health care here as in my experience I’ve been quoted 700 euros every three months and for that I would need to be in the doctors every week ! I have a European EHIC card tied to the NHS in UK for any emergency treatments I need and for any doctors appointments and treatments I go back to the UK. I use the dentists here in Belgium because actually they are cheaper.
I hope this has helped ?

Thanks,
Pippa

Expatriate health insurance in Brussels

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brussels

Moving to Brussels

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brussels

Travel insurance in Brussels

Enjoy stress-free travel to Brussels