Marriage

Hi I'm resident of Brazil and my GF is Swiss 
For now we are living in Brazil and will get marry here
My question
Is that  mandatory once you get certificate of marriage from brasil then you have to register in Indian embassy? Even If I don't want

Or it's enough to register in Swiss embassy as we both are willing to settle there!

Answer me asap

Thanks

Naikch wrote:

Hi I'm resident of Brazil and my GF is Swiss 
For now we are living in Brazil and will get marry here
My question
Is that  mandatory once you get certificate of marriage from brasil then you have to register in Indian embassy? Even If I don't want

Or it's enough to register in Swiss embassy as we both are willing to settle there!

Answer me asap

Thanks

If you are a citizen of India and you hold an Indian passport, you should keep the Embassy of India in Brazil informed about your marriage. 

The reason is, it's highly likely that the Swiss govt. will ask you to get your docs endorsed/attested by officials representing  the country of your citizenship in Switzerland when you apply for Swiss residency etc.

If you have already obtained Brazilian citizenship (passport) there's no need to register with the Indian embassy.

Similarly, your wife should register your marriage with the Swiss embassy in Brazil.

Thanks for your reply

Well so far my all docs are attested by India foreign ministry

So what's the main thing to register in Indian embassy?

And after marriage how would I get visa for Swiss?

Naikch wrote:

Thanks for your reply

Well so far my all docs are attested by India foreign ministry

So what's the main thing to register in Indian embassy?

And after marriage how would I get visa for Swiss?

Without the seal and a signature from the Indian embassy/consulate in Brazil, your Brazilian marriage certificate will be held invalid by the Govt. of India, other Govt. agencies and Indian missions in other countries.  It's as simple as that.

Usual procedure is to submit a notarized and translated copy of your foreign MC and get it signed and stamped by the consular officer.
For details contact Embassy of India, Brazil.

Since you're an Indian citizen all your documents need to be authenticated by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Govt. of India and their mission in a foreign country before being accepted by that foreign Govt.