Film and photography

hi there,

I am new in this forum so welcome.
For the next weeks I will be the first time in Riyadh taking photographs and filmwork for a documentary and for private hobby - I would like to get in touch with people who are interested in.

There are some questions I ask myself so maybe you can help me:

Is there any equipment rental company in Riyadh whre you can rent proffessional equipment. (Light, Tripods, Cameras etc.)

Is it allowed to go trogh the streets and make some photos.

Thanks a lot

dune7

Stay away from Government establishments, Banks, Family areas....in other words don't bring out your camera. Just keep it in your camera bag. If you want authorities to confiscate your camera....then shoot away....lol.

Hey Dune, learn the photography rules of Saudi first before you venture out, jail food is not nice :(

Sparrow wrote:

Hey Dune, learn the photography rules of Saudi first before you venture out, jail food is not nice :(

how do you know about the jail food?
If you have spent some time behind the line, let us know how it went
:/

I'm the cook in the jail and I know what I put in the food - Sorry Bro' you thought I was an inmate! :lol:

Hey guys,

Can someone tell me, where i can buy a film for photo camera in Riyadh? Where is the nearest point to Holiday Inn hotel?

Thank you in advance!

pavel-fender wrote:

Hey guys,

Can someone tell me, where i can buy a film for photo camera in Riyadh? Where is the nearest point to Holiday Inn hotel?

Thank you in advance!

normally studios that print photos and sells frames still sells 35mm films. Try to walk around your area if you happen to see shops that offer studio photos, my bet they have it. Nowadays you cannot see them films on any big store, because let's face it, film is not what is used to be. good luck

When you find out let me know

I have17 rolls in the freezer and need more haha

cool! do you know where to buy old film cameras, even those point and shoot ones, i love film. i manage to buy some but i want more.

i scoured the whole batha and found some but their price is ridiculous, i managed to find a Nikon AF230 for 50sr but i broke it, i dropped it on the sand and the gears were stuck inside, i tried prying it open and cleaning but still not workng, the sand got stuck with the grease on the gears.

I have another one which is the Olympus mju II and also had some issues, but it still took decent photos. bought it for 50sr as well. All bought in Batha.

There are a lot of studios in batha where you can buy film. I suggest in the older Batha part, they sell expired films buy 2 take 2. (Expired films are still working! and results are magical!)

Hello terensu -> Just to note that this thread is a bit old. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

you can find photo films in Batha  electron market its quite famous for mobile shops