Moving with 3 children in June

Hi, I am French currently living in Switzerland and moving with my Montrealer husband in the West Island this June.

We would like to know if there is people moving to this area (or Montreal) this summer and speak about our experiences !

If there is already people over there with children, don't hesitate to let us a note.

We have 2 girls (5 yo and 1 year old) and a boy of 3 ! I'll be looking for a job for beginning 2012 and we are looking to find a nanny as daycare seem to have a 2 to 4 year waiting list :(

We are right now in the process of seeing movers and having quotes and we are a bit stressed about pension and taxes in Canada. Any recommandation ?

And you, who are you ?

Talk to you soon,

G.

So you've done it. We're from Germany and looking at moving in September with 3 kids (2,2,6) as well.
My husband will be working in  Saint-LAURENT:
Would you recommend the West Island? How long is the commute into town in the morning. How much did you pay for moving? Any tipps. Where did you settle?
Thanks
Biky

Hi,

We settle in Beaconsfield in the West Island. Without traffic, West Island - St Laurent could be 20 to 30mn but with traffic it can takes much longer. Except if you live next to a train station and if there is a train in St Laurent.

The West Island is amazing. Nice community, lots of activities, people are welcoming me very easily.There is a german school in Baie d'Urfé also if you think your kids should go in a private german school.

I don't know the other area though.

For the cost, my husband company paid. But it tooks 4 weeks for our furnitures to arrive by container.

If you have other questions, please contact me.

G.

Wow, that was really fast!
What did you do while you didn't have any furniture?
Are you renting a place and did you find it from Switzerland (how)? How much does a place with three bedrooms cost?
I'd really love the West Island but I think it's pretty expensive?
What's Beaconsfield like? Like inner-city otr more single houses? Or Rowhouses? Is it good for kids?
How long have you been there?
Are you still looking for day care or did you find some?

Thanks again!