Close

Questions regarding the moving process

Hello, my name is Peggy. I am from the US and am getting a job offer in Rwanda to start the last week of January. I am glad to be a part of this community! I have questions regarding the moving process I hope someone can help me with:
-Which air or boat moving companies can I use to move? I don’t intend to bring furniture but I’d like to have a start (cookware, books, extra clothes that won’t fit in 2 suitcases, etc.). So I’m estimating about 6-8 boxes.
-Is there such thing as short-term housing (2weeks) before finding a permanent place? Or should I plan to find a place to live before I get there?

I’m sure I’ll have more questions! Thanks for all who are willing to help!

Hi pnaomiw82,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that i have created a new thread with your post on the Rwanda forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Hello pnaomiw82

I'm Rwandan and I would like to help u by recommending u to use Quatar airline and about the house I can look one for u before u come because it is the best way otherwise u can rent a hotel room while u are waiting to get a permanent house, about home appliances I can make a good deal for u coz I used to sell kitchen equipment and home appliances online.
Thank u

Expatriate health insurance in Rwanda

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Rwanda

Moving to Rwanda

Find tips from professionals about moving to Rwanda

Travel insurance in Rwanda

Enjoy stress-free travel to Rwanda