Keeping oversees employment

I will have a work visa, my wife will get some dependent visa not allowing her to work in CR.
She currently works from home and might be able to keep her current job. Her employer does not mind her being physically in another country.

Will this violate any of CR laws? Someone being there on no-work visa while working for a company and getting paid from different country?

Working online is acceptable to immigration while on a visa that is issued to her, while you have a work visa. She should be covered for healthcare as your  dependant, so she shouldn't be required to open her own account.

Thank you.

RichardHol wrote:

I will have a work visa, my wife will get some dependent visa not allowing her to work in CR.
She currently works from home and might be able to keep her current job. Her employer does not mind her being physically in another country.

Will this violate any of CR laws? Someone being there on no-work visa while working for a company and getting paid from different country?

Hola Richard,

Many, many expats procure an income from on-line work.  I have never heard that it is illegal nor have I heard of anyone ever having any issues with it.  Further, government restrictions are much less enforced here than so called developed countries.  Being from the States, I feel that Costa Rica holds many more freedoms than the U.S.

- Expat Dave