What household items to ship over or not...

Good day to all of you.

We are moving over to Mauritius at the end of January next year form South Africa.

We are now sitting with dilemma of which of our household items to ship over and what not to.
Will we for example be able to buy a fridge cheaper in Mauritius than it will cost to bring?

Any recommendations from any South Africans that have done this recently would gladly appreciated.
Also, which shipping companies to use.

Thanks so much

Anesia

You will probably find some useful information by searching previous questions on this website.
Not sure if there's a simple answer. If you are  going to rent then most places are furnished and will have a fridge and other kitchen equipment.
I would bring things that you particularly like to use or will help to make somewhere your home v a rental.  I brought my own cutlery, crockery, glasses and some kitchen utensils plus some vases, pictures and ornaments  but I know others that didn't bother.

It's not recommended to bring big consumer electrics and electronics like fridges, TVs, ovens, etc.
They will come along with your rental but even if they don't, better get them here where you will have warranty and the appliances will be operated under local specifications, thus avoiding damage due to voltage, etc.
Furniture also is not recommended...bulky items will cause a hike of your shipping cost.

Bring only the essential and indispensable minimums and also stuff you think you might not get here.

Thanks so much for the advice guys, I really appreciate it.