Close

Getting married in Brazil, dual citizenship

Hi there,

This may be a long shot, but still...

I’m a dual citizen of Canada and Russia, although I live in Australia now. I will be entering Brazil on my Russian passport on a tourist visa and I want to get married to my Brazilian partner there. I’m very confused about how I can go about authenticating my birth certificate. The original (issued by USSR) is with my mother, in Canada at the moment. Can I authenticate it in the Russian consulate in Canada? From what I understand, it needs to be certified by a Brazilian Consulate in the issuing country, but I no longer live in Russia and haven’t since I was a child.

You have a complex problem. First you have to present a certified birth certificate. It can't be any older than 180 days. this being said you will probably have to get that from Russia. If you have access to a Russian Embassy I would check there to see what they can do to help.

Jim

You have a complex problem. First you have to present a certified birth certificate. It can't be any older than 180 days. this being said you will probably have to get that from Russia. If you have access to a Russian Embassy I would check there to see what they can do to help.for futher information you may visit to ambassy.

Hi,

My mother has access to a Russian Embassy in Canada, and they can certify/authenticate documents there, but it would still be a Canadian location. Would that be a problem?

As long as you can get the document you need it diesn't matter where you get it.

Jim

Expatriate health insurance in Brazil

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brazil

Moving to Brazil

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brazil

Travel insurance in Brazil

Enjoy stress-free travel to Brazil