Son transferring from my iqama to a company - help!

Hi,

My son accepted a teaching job in September and although he has a CELTA teaching certificate he is still completing his BA. He was honest and upfront from the start and everything was great and has been going great too.

The company asked for 3 letters from my company to go ahead with the transfer and we gave those to them. Then they asked him to get his CELTA authenticated from the British Council which he has done. So all was going well.... Until today...

Today HR told him they need his high school certificates. He explained he was home schooled, passed his exams and is now doing his BA so he doesn't have a high school certificate plus in the UK we do t get high school certificates we simply take exams. My son  does have a number of diplomas and certificates from UK universities but HR are now insisting he provided a high school certificate and said its necessary for the transfer regardless of having higher education certs.

They have told him he has until the end of the month and they will have to cancel the contract as they won't be able to go ahead with the transfer unless he can provide the cert even though he has much higher certification than high school albeit less than a BA.

I've never come across this before and need help as to what to do.

Thank you in advance

I am not sure how I can help you with this but I feel the HR are just looking for a reason to terminate the offer/contract.

but this is just my opinion

Thanks. Hope that's not the case.
Just trying to find out what is actually required for transferring from my iqama to the companies iqama as this will be the first time he will have done this.

Today, HR told him they can transfer him from my iqama but initially as manual labourer. After he receives his BA in July they will pay SAR2000 and change his profession accordingly based on his degree subject.
Does anyone know if a UK resident can have manual laborer on his iqama or is it restricted to certain nationalities?
Thanks a lot

The Saudi Authorities has ceased the change profession service earlier this week so you must know this in advance .. and if HR didnt inform you in this regards then they might be stupid or simply up to no good..

Heads up

Wow I had no idea. Thanks a lot

Happy in ksa wrote:

Today, HR told him they can transfer him from my iqama but initially as manual labourer. After he receives his BA in July they will pay SAR2000 and change his profession accordingly based on his degree subject.
Does anyone know if a UK resident can have manual laborer on his iqama or is it restricted to certain nationalities?
Thanks a lot

it applies to all...but with stoppage in profession change from MOL not sure how they gonna do it...

Right now he is on my iqama and has been since we came to Saudi.  They will transfer him from mine to the company iqama. Does anyone know of manual labour can be foe any nationality? Were from the UK. Thnk you

I'm not sure if manual labor is only allowed for certain nationalities but I don't recommend your son to have a job that doesn't match his records. Saudi cracks down on such doings and he might face legal issues if caught.
I don't know what HR is trying to do but even for their institute hiring a teacher who isn't legally a teacher puts them in a tight spot so why are they suggesting this solution is beyond me. Please try and ask around about this place before you go through with this and I'm sorry for not have any useful info
Good luck.

Sir,

Is your process of transferring your son from your name to son's company's name finished?
Can you please update us?
I am also going to start in this process. Don't know how profession will change?

Thank You
Looking forward for your reply.

No, until now we are still waiting for HR to start the process. It's worrying and the delay is frustrating but they seem to think they can do it soon... In sha Allah!

Hi. i am not sure you still can use my advice, just sow this and here is my humble advice.  Did you try to get from UK or India/Pakistan an Equivalent High school certificate based on his grades in the UK exams for that level?