Moving to Malta as non EU family

Hello everyone,

I'm non EU citizen married to an Italian citizen in Italy and I have already applied for my Italian resident card as a spouse of an Italian citizen but the police in charge told us to come back in 3 months later.

We are planning of moving to Malta this month and start looking for jobs but don't know anything about it.
1. She has her EU passport
2. our marriage certificate in Italian
3. I have my non EU passport.
She have already lived in UK for over 2 years before coming house for us to marry and has experienced as Assistant nursing care while I'm into IT support.

We live in Napoli
Flight or Ferry to Malta?
Please help

Please do not post the same things twice.

Just need answer please

Flight, although not sure what your wife's passport has to do with mode of transport.

My questions are
Can I travel with her with our Italian marriage certificate and my non EU passport from Italy to Malta?
I don't have my Italian resident card yet

Seunn wrote:

My questions are
Can I travel with her with our Italian marriage certificate and my non EU passport from Italy to Malta?
I don't have my Italian resident card yet

You may need to apply for a visa, which is free and will be processed quickly.  Also, I've already responded to you that an Italian residence permit does not give the right to live in Malta, or any other country.

I thought as an EU spouse travelling togther with my EU wife, we can enter Malta and apply for Resident over there.

At the top of the page you will see the heading about  EU citizens and residency, please read this as it will probably cover you as well, as this has been covered before.   I would have thought flying would be the easiest way if getting to Malta, have you been here before?   If not it would be a good idea to visit for a short holiday before considering living here and  bothering about residency.

Thanks
Can you post the link

Seunn wrote:

Thanks
Can you post the link

As GozoMo said it is at the top of the page!
When you come on to the Malta forum it is the first post!

Ray

It's not clear
We email the Malta embassy in Italy but no feedback yet

This link has the information on becoming a resident in Malta. Your spouse will need to complete either form 'J' or form 'A' and then use form 'F' for you.
You will need to travel as a tourist initially and then find somewhere to live so that you have an address here in Malta to put on the application forms.
EU law says you do not need an address here to apply for your eResidence card but in practice, you do.

https://identitymalta.com/citizenships-expatriates/

My question is can i travel with him to Malta from Italy with only our passports and Italian marriage certificate?

Thanks

Sure. Don't believe they will refuse you entry.

I called the Malta embassy and the lady was saying without Visa, he wouldn't be allowed inside Malta.
I told her, I wanted to apply for type C visa for him and she was saying No bla bla that without his Italian resident permit, I can't apply Visa for him.
She clearly don't know her work.
I told her about want I saw on Malta website
My man needs only his passport and our marriage certificate

Hi again Seunn

You are getting very confusing here. What Non-EU nationality are we talking about?It might help if you actually told us?

If you start off with bla bla the lady at the Embassy doesn't know what they are talking about you certainly will lose interest with peoples help. As you seem to know it all.

He is Nigerian citizen
I'm Italian citizen
We had our marriage here in Italy

Thanks

I guess we are talking to you both (couple). Now unless either of you have a job in Malta they will not allow you to travel, unless you have valid visa. Having a "Permesso di Soggiorno" means nothing to the Maltese authorities. I am sorry for the bad news. But that seems to be the way it is.

I'm EU citizen with my EU passport and he is my husband with prove of our Italian marriage certificate.I'm going to Malta to exerise my right as an EU citizen and I can't leave my spouse alone in Italy.

What has Permesso di Soggiorno got to do with that?
I have see many of my guys move to Germany with just the marriage certificate

I am only going by what they said at the Maltese immigration Government office. I am well aware you are an EU citizen. Your husband first posted about this "Permesso di Soggiorno" that's why I brought it up. Now I am sorry but if you want to argue it out with the officials go for it.

Seunn wrote:

I'm EU citizen with my EU passport and he is my husband with prove of our Italian marriage certificate.I'm going to Malta to exerise my right as an EU citizen and I can't leave my spouse alone in Italy.

What has Permesso di Soggiorno got to do with that?
I have see many of my guys move to Germany with just the marriage certificate

Maybe you should review your own posts, and responses to your posts.  Many of us here have patiently explained to you what you need to know.  If you think you know better than those who have actually moved within the EU, and you know better than the embassy, then by all means go about your plans as you wish and stop going in circles here and repeatedly asking questions.

Malta is not Germany, and again, Italian residence means nothing to Malta.

Sorry for the way I responded.
My husband don't know anything about EU law.
It's just frustrating that Italian government told my husband to wait till next February before they can grant him resident premit of an Italian citizen.
I wanted to move to Malta and get a job.
Please guys am sorry

Seunn wrote:

Sorry for the way I responded.
My husband don't know anything about EU law.
It's just frustrating that Italian government told my husband to wait till next February before they can grant him resident premit of an Italian citizen.
I wanted to move to Malta and get a job.
Please guys am sorry

Apology accepted,

Although there is an EU law, it does not apply to everyone, meaning Non-Eu Citizens. When it comes to the latter, there are different rules and laws is all 28 states of the EU. What might apply in Germany does not apply in Malta, as France or the UK.

All I can suggest is for you to wait until February for your husband to get his residency card, then you will have abetter standing to apply.

https://identitymalta.com/non-eu-nation … y-members/

As far as I am aware TCN family members get the EU members rights when they travel together.

Thanks
I will visit Germany embassy and Finland on Monday to get any Visa and use it to Malta