Close

OK to leave clothes in a car over the summer in Florida??

Would clothes left in a parked car in Florida over the summer (6 months) suffer in any way, e.g. mold please?

Yes it certainly can get moldy.  Why would you want to do that.

Bob K

Thanks for the feedback.

Because we'd buy a car; spend 6 months in Florida on the visa we have; leave our clothes in the car in storage facility in suitcases & then spend the next 6 months abroad.

MarcusG :

Thanks for the feedback.

Because we'd buy a car; spend 6 months in Florida on the visa we have; leave our clothes in the car in storage facility in suitcases & then spend the next 6 months abroad.

You might as well throw them in the garbage, they'll probably be unwearable.   If anything, get a separate small climate controlled storage room.

Considering Florida's climate - car and vehicle will be moldy. Climate controlled storage.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Interestingly, a guy who stores RVs & cars reckons that they'll be Ok with the addition of a product:
"Damp Rid or a product we sell called EVA DRY. It is around $20.00 (US) and will keep dampness out. I cannot promise that they will be ok, as there probably have been cases where clothes have gotten mildew, but I haven’t seen it [in 22 years!]."

Thoughts folks?

MarcusG :

Thanks for the replies guys.

Interestingly, a guy who stores RVs & cars reckons that they'll be Ok with the addition of a product:
"Damp Rid or a product we sell called EVA DRY. It is around $20.00 (US) and will keep dampness out. I cannot promise that they will be ok, as there probably have been cases where clothes have gotten mildew, but I haven’t seen it [in 22 years!]."

Thoughts folks?

Well, as he said, he cannot promise they will be alright.  If you want to trust your FL wardrobe to a $20 product, it's your risk to take. A climate controlled space might start out at $30 a month.

Snake oil :)

Expatriate health insurance in Florida

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Florida

Moving to Florida

Find tips from professionals about moving to Florida

Travel insurance in Florida

Enjoy stress-free travel to Florida