Close

Permit to import a boat

Hi all

I have received permission from the Tourism Authority to import my boat (via returning mauritian scheme) and now require the import permit itself. Is there anyone who can assist as I have been told it takes up to three weeks and I only have 7 days.

Thanks

Hi nimpit00

I came across this link which might be of help to you: http://www.mauritiustrade.mu/en/import- … de_client=

Hope it helps!

Actually - apologies, I don't think this would be useful to you.

Thanks anyway.

Hi,

Are you sure boats are indexed under the Returning Citizen scheme which include mostly motorcycles and cars/motor cars?

I would suggest you contact Tourism Authority again and also the Mauritius Revenue Authority regarding duties on pleasure crafts.

Regarding the 3 weeks, I fear not much can be done about it if they say 3 weeks.
But then again, no loss in trying to negotiate.

Thanks Winston

Yes there are some fees to be paid, but a slightly different process apparently.

Hi
Permit from tourism only required
Returning resident does not apply
Vat payable
You can contact us for details

Hi,

You need a No Objection letter from Ministry of Tourism then contact Tourism Authority and explain your case, they will need to survey the boat. Also a letter from MRA making the boat duty free will be required.
hope this helps
james

Expatriate health insurance in Mauritius

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Mauritius

Moving to Mauritius

Find tips from professionals about moving to Mauritius

Travel insurance in Mauritius

Enjoy stress-free travel to Mauritius