Can anyone offer opinions on Lisbon vs. Valencia???

Hi everyone,

My wife and I plan to move to Europe via the Golden Visa program and have narrowed it down to Lisbon and Valencia.   We really like both cities, but are definitely leaning toward Lisbon.    We really love the green space of Valencia though because we have multiple dogs. 

I have 2 questions:

1.  Does anyone know BOTH cities that can offer a comparison opinion for me?  They have similar weather, cost of living, quality food, size, etc.   But I would love to hear from someone that really knows both cities reasonably well.

2.  Any suggestions on best areas to live to be near green space for dogs?  Lisbon has limited green space close to/in the city center, so I realize I will have to go outside the center a little, but I want to stay as close as possible, in a "higher end" area with lots of restaurants/cafes/shops.

Many thanks for any help/advice anyone can offer.

Thanks,

Jeff

Replying to your questions:

1. Weather is not similar in both cities. Lisbon is colder and rainier than Valencia. In summer, Valencia could be hot, so if you finally decide to go to Valencia I suggest to find something close to the see. In terms of real state, prices in Lisbon are more expensive than Valencia. Check in https://www.idealista.com/ website to compare prices.

2. Close to Lisbon downtown you have you Monsanto Park. You need you car to get there but it is quite convenient to go with your dogs. An Area that you should investigate is Belem, which is not close to the center but close enough and have good green areas.
Regarding gastronomy and bars and restaurants, I think that in Valencia you can enjoy more than in Lisbon. Although the prices are about 25% higher than in Lisbon.

An addition to the above:

If you like hilly uneven terrain then Lisbon is for you. If you prefer flat terrain then Valencia is better.

Danzar1972 is correct in both of his points. Lisbon has Atlantic Climate, while Valencia is Mediterranian. Renting or buying in Lisbon is much more expensive than in Valencia. I receommend having a lokk at Numbeo.com