Traffic in the United Arab Emirates

Hello everyone,

Which city or area do you live in in the United Arab Emirates, and how do you find the traffic?

How long does it take to commute to work or run errands?

Is there a rush hour in your city? What times of the day would you recommend people to avoid driving if they can?

Are there any ways to avoid spending too much time in traffic in the United Arab Emirates?

What is parking availability and cost like?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Well I stay in Abu Dhabi, and its traffic usually after 6.30 Am in the morning untill 9 am and evening 6 pm untill 9.30 Pm usually in the cities like Hamdan Street, Electra street, Muroor road etc.

Well About parking you have parking machines where you need to pay Aed 2-3 per hour, and thereon keep recharged as you exceed your parking time, in case you want the fines to be avoided then buying a parking ticket is a best option.

Rergards,

Hi,
I am living in Rolla area, which is a busy area most of the time.
My wife is working in dubai, she leaves at 9:20 am, so that she can reach her office at 10 a.m which is the best time without traffic blocks. whereas when she travels back at 6 pm, she takes more than one hour enjoying crawling movements of vehicles.

I wonder why there is no remedy for the issue of thousands of people's suffering. people get frustrated and loose patience while wasting their valuable hours in traffic. it is directly affecting the behavior and health of people. it is a serious matter government must act on, I believe.

morning 7-9 and evening 5-7 pm are rush hours from rolla to dubai and back.
All ways like car pooling, public transport, road widening, bridge making must be considered to save the precious time of people.

Hi,

If you are planning for UAE, always stay in the same emirates you will work to save your time from traffic.

If you will work in Dubai, metro is the best option to join your work. It is very cost effective, regular, safe and convenient otherwise use RTA buses.

regards

well even if you get stuck in the traffic still you will enjoy it.

Regards.

I have experienced dubai traffic as mentioned below.
7:00 am to 9:00 am TRAFFIC MOSTLY JAM DUE TO OFFICES
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm TRAFFIC MOSTLY JAM DUE TO SCHOOLS
7: PM TO 9:00 PM TRAFFIC MOSTLY JAM DUE TO OFFICES

i am living in dubai from 1995  dubai traffic is same almost every city   also easly you will get alternate roads
better use metro

I live in Sharjah for the last 18 years and I have been using two roads leading to Jebel Ali ands these are the Dubai Sharjah road and emirates road. Traffic is heavy during rush hours and outrageous to say the least. I passed through Salik four times in a day and I don't feel the benefit during heavy traffic. I really believe that the only way to decongest the traffic at main roads like Sheik Zayed, Emirates and Dubai-Sharjah Roads is to build skyways and/or subways similar to other large cities in the world.

The summary is that transportation is not difficult to get. Once you decide where you will work thenwhere you will live. The you will learn the best way to get from point a to point b. Let me know when you arrive maybe I can help you learn your way around.👍🏽😊