Traffic in the Philippines

strange ,like i was thinking this was about traffic,seems i was wrong and it is about politiks ,still stranger some one who is not living here, and if he wood be it wood be as an expat ,telling how the country sood be run ,wonder how he wood react as an expat in his country wood tel him how his country sood be run ?

Dirk

ps depending on were one lives traffic can be good or not so good

300 million pesos wouldn't add a lane to 10 kilometers of road. Overpopulation and poor infrastructure are the unsolvable problems.

Pankaj jangid wrote:

Yes i see phillipines is good city
There people is good and trafic also so good
I like
Thanks

ofc you like the traffic in the philippines. i do too! cause our countries are on the top list of the country with the worst traffic in the world. Philippines is not even make it to top 10 and you guys are complaining about the traffic???

come on

go to Jakarta or India. travel more. see the traffic there. you wouldn't complain the traffic here.

3 years ago, Jakarta to Yogyakarta, usually it takes 9 hours by bus. it took those drivers 32 hours plus. have you experienced that in the Philippines? NO!

so please. stop complaining and travel more. it would broaden your outlook.

stacheldraht wrote:

Sorry to "tenstarr": This blog was sending YOUR MESSAGE to me as a "reply on my message". Of course I don´t want to bother or blame you - SORRY for this misunderstanding!

But what do you (and other tax payers) think about the Government investing in Traffic Solutions for the big cities like Cebu City or Manila to support the local economy INSTEAD of paying (at least) millions - if not billions - to death squads? Later all Filipinos will be guilty and will have to pay the bill, if this President´s idea doesn´t work!
Don´t you (and others) agree financing a solution of the traffic jam in big cities would help the country better than financing a hopeless "war by killing (just suspected!) criminals"? I understand that the drug problem is a big one for the country - but I doubt that investing in slaughtering the suspected people would change anything. Why not trusting the law courts and judges to decide what will happen to criminal suspects? Do we need "death squads", just because the old (fashoined) President doesn´t have a better idea?
How about helping the people AND the economy to become more succesful by investing in traffic and internet infrastructure instead of paying money to kill people/ financing death squads? Thailand, China, Indonesia, Malaysia are supporting their economy and they are quite successful with it! Why should the Philippines again be the big loser in Asia just because of a weird President´s idea?

so there's where my tax goes.... hmmm

amanda.O wrote:
Pankaj jangid wrote:

Yes i see phillipines is good city
There people is good and trafic also so good
I like
Thanks

ofc you like the traffic in the philippines. i do too! cause our countries are on the top list of the country with the worst traffic in the world. Philippines is not even make it to top 10 and you guys are complaining about the traffic???

come on

go to Jakarta or India. travel more. see the traffic there. you wouldn't complain the traffic here.

3 years ago, Jakarta to Yogyakarta, usually it takes 9 hours by bus. it took those drivers 32 hours plus. have you experienced that in the Philippines? NO!

so please. stop complaining and travel more. it would broaden your outlook.

Just because the Philippines does not have the worst traffic in the world does not mean the the traffic is not bad.  I have been many places where the traffic is much better than the Philippines,  especially around Manila.  I have a lot of places to travel in the future, India and Jakarta not on that list.

I go along with mugtech's  above note

The traffic is heavy to heavier to so frustrating you hate your life heavy. Apart from that It is all good :D I'm from India and it is a lot more orderly in the Philippines, trust me.

I HAVE BEEN TO JAKARTA, BANGKOK, CAIRO NONE OF THIS ARE HALF AS BAD AS MANILA, SO ANY ONE WHO THINKS MANILA IS GOOD IN TRUFFIC THINK AGAIN OR GO AND SEE THE WORLD, MAYBE THEN YOU WILL BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAYING HERE, MOST CITIES TRAFFIC IS THERE AND BAD AT TIMES,  BUT ORGANISED PEOPLE FOLLOWS ROAD RULES, MANIL PEOPLE FOLLOW EACH OTHER, IF ONE IS DOING WRONG THEY ALL DOING THE SAME, FOLLOW THE SHEEP I GUESS, MANILA ONE WORT NO TRUFFICE RULES, OR NO ONE IS FOLLOWING IT, POLICE SEATING WATCHING FOR POOR FOREIGNER TO MAKE MISTAKE AND THEY GET HIM, THEN THEY ASK FOR TIP TO LET YOU KEEP YOUR LICENCE, WHERE IN THE WORLD THIS HAPPENS ??? WHEN I DRIVE IN MANILA I MAKE SURE I DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES, BUT THEY GET ME EVERY TIME THEY ALWAYS FIND NEW ROAD RULES THAT I WAS NOT FOLLOWING, ALL IS JUST BULL SHEET, FOR WHAT FOR 200PHP, IT IS A JOKE BUT THIS IS PHILIPPINES POLICE.

samangelevski wrote:

I HAVE BEEN TO JAKARTA.

Please don't post in caps lock

well yeah manila has traffic as well, but... saying that the traffic in manila is worse than in Jakarta and Bangkok? maybe you went there during long holiday where most people went back to their hometown. but on daily basis, the traffic there is way way worse than manila.

right Fred? especially south Tangerang nowadays.. fiuuh :D

Cebu City (and the whole surrounding area) seems to be getting more congested every year and you really have to plan your day around the traffic patterns if you're going out for any distance.  Recently, I had to travel around town a little and sat in 4 different taxis for about 4 hours total to cover 20 km's.  Thankfully, I don't have a commute and rarely have to travel around like that.  Only positive I can see about traffic is that it's a good excuse to stay at the bar and drink a few more beers before heading home ;)

samangelevski wrote:

I HAVE BEEN TO JAKARTA, BANGKOK, CAIRO NONE OF THIS ARE HALF AS BAD AS MANILA, SO ANY ONE WHO THINKS MANILA IS GOOD IN TRUFFIC THINK AGAIN OR GO AND SEE THE WORLD, MAYBE THEN YOU WILL BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAYING HERE, MOST CITIES TRAFFIC IS THERE AND BAD AT TIMES,  BUT ORGANISED PEOPLE FOLLOWS ROAD RULES, MANIL PEOPLE FOLLOW EACH OTHER, IF ONE IS DOING WRONG THEY ALL DOING THE SAME, FOLLOW THE SHEEP I GUESS, MANILA ONE WORT NO TRUFFICE RULES, OR NO ONE IS FOLLOWING IT, POLICE SEATING WATCHING FOR POOR FOREIGNER TO MAKE MISTAKE AND THEY GET HIM, THEN THEY ASK FOR TIP TO LET YOU KEEP YOUR LICENCE, WHERE IN THE WORLD THIS HAPPENS ??? WHEN I DRIVE IN MANILA I MAKE SURE I DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES, BUT THEY GET ME EVERY TIME THEY ALWAYS FIND NEW ROAD RULES THAT I WAS NOT FOLLOWING, ALL IS JUST BULL SHEET, FOR WHAT FOR 200PHP, IT IS A JOKE BUT THIS IS PHILIPPINES POLICE.

Sam, yes it's frustrating driving in Manila, one has to breathe, relax and go with the flow. Be assertive when required and give way to the bus or truck and an aggressive driver simply because they will win. I have been driving in Manila on and off for 7 years and not once have I been sidelined by the constabulary and never had an accident nor been shot at or robbed, no 200 peso fines or cans of coke, like you, I have driven in all the cities you mention and a multitude of others and have to say that while we now live further north (La Union) where traffic in SFC can be bad we deal with it as we do in Manila.
Organised chaos seems to work no matter the country and all deal with it and survive, perhaps darkening the window tint will alleviate your 200 peso fines?
Personally I have no difficulty driving in the Philippines, any country for that matter, attitude and local norms etc.

Cheers, Steve.