Living in Geneva... help!

My name is Vana and my husband will be working in Geneva from 1 May. I was reading this blog and came across some very useful information with regards to life in Geneva (albeit, I haven't had the chance to read everything. We are pretty much lost, as we have no idea about accomodation and of course the school system seems to be a huge issue, as there endless waiting lists in all international schools - we have 3 small children. Is this the case? Could I have some feedback please? Many thanks, vana

Hi and welcome on the forum Vana :)

I hope other members will be able to recommend you some schools soon. Concerning your accommodation have you tried having a look at the accommodation section of Geneva classifieds? Posting an advert with your criteria might help as well!

Good luck
Armand

Hi Armand! Thank you so much for the welcome and the response. With regards to schooling, we might have a difficulty in finding a place. We are looking into it right now and we shall visit a few schools next week when we visit Geneva. The accomodation is more of a problem, as we looked into classifieds, however, there seem to be a few on offer. Furthermore, we responded to a few ads and, believe it or not, they were fraudsters! So many of them, sent us the same response and when we called they had identical numbers, and even offered to show us the places.. we couldn't believe it! We shall try the classifieds you suggested and call a few agencies to make appointments for next week, hopefully they will be able ot help... Thanks again, any other suggestions are welcome!

Try to have a look at this link. It might help! Don't hesitate to post an advert with the type of accommodation you are seeking ;)

Good luck
Armand