Using US ATM cards in supermarkets, cash back?

If you didn't change the pin, check for unauthorized activity and call your bank to possibly cancel the card

Oh sure I did all that.  Problem is my bank is always trying to protect me by cancelling my cards, as if I lived next door.  Really a mess trying to get a new card.  They won't mail it to Mexico.  What they will do is send it to my US address.  That'd be my mentally crippled exes house.  The cards have to be activated in the US.  That for her is a chore.  After all you have to drive up to the ATM and insert it with the PIN.  By the time that gets done my new card is deactivated for lack of activity (30 days).

so far WALMART WILL NOT ACCEPT A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD. ULL HAVE TO GO TO THE BANK AND GET PESOS FOR WALMART. BUT THE OTHER PLACES I SHOP AT DO ACCEPT MY DEBIT CARD.

ALSO, I PAY A REAL HIGH PRICE FOR MEDS HERE. LIKE $25 PER VIAL FOR INSULIN; THAT IS ABOUT $495 IN PESOS

I have had replacement  debit/credit cards sent to my MX address by the following banks: Bank of America, Barclay US and HSBC. They were sent via DHL, FedEx, UPS. Under no circumstances have the cards sent via US/MX postal systems.

jonny danger wrote:

I bought a tank of petro in Monterrey with my ATM card.  Next time I used it (tried to use it) I discovered my PIN had been changed.

It's just better to use a bank atm then pay with cash. No reason to expose your card again and again. The new chips make on site transactions ( where you sign) safer, but otherwise it's a risk probably world wide.

Worst company in Mexico apart from Infinitum is FedEx.  At least here in GDL.  They get 1.1 out of ten stars in this nation.  My bank says they will not ship by any means to Mexico, period

Get one of those lab beakers of one liter, pull up to the pump and ask the dude to fill it to the mark up top there.  Well he refuse?  They will round here.  Maybe it's time to find another state for my residence.  As I mentioned, almost every transaction here is a rip off.