Medical health in Spain

My partner and I are moving to Murcia next year , we are getting married and then moving to Murcia early summer, my husband is pensionable age and gets his state pension in England at present, I have another six years to go. We will be renting a property for about a year to see how we get on, can we take our Spanish residency if renting a property and how long do you have to be in Spain before you can take it out. Also if we can take our Spanish residency and because my husband is pensionable age does that mean that we are entitled to their health care, both of us as I am married to him. Thanks for any information you can give me.  Laura

Laura

In answer to the questions you asked:-

The spouse of a UK pensioner, who is entitled to medical cover by way of a DWP  form S1,  is fully covered no matter how ‘young' they are.

If you move to Spain, whether you buy, rent  or live in a tent,  then you are required to Register on the EU Citizen's Register immediately.     So no  ‘waiting time.'   

The OAP for a married man,   and the DWP  medical cover, are sufficient, for Registration.

Thank you John

Hello Laura

I am a Freelance Journalist.

I did post all the information you and others need to know, all taken from my own research library.  However it has disappeared.