Renting a flat in Gibraltar

Can somebody tells me how much is the average of one bed room flat in Gibraltar please, not necessary in the city centre
Also does exist the U.K. National Health Service? Or you have to do a private one as a self employed
Best
Azad

Are you in England? I am looking to move to Gibraltar soon, It could be cheaper to rent with someone else whos looking to move

:-)

Hi, a studio flat starts at around £650 upwards, a 1 bed from around £800 and a 2 bed from around £1100. It is very expensive to rent here do lots of people prefer to rent across the border and travel in each day. There are lots of estate agents that you can find online who list the flats they have available and prices. Good luck!

Thank you very much for your valuable information , and can somebody tells me if there is NHS in Gibraltar I mean a Public Health Service or I have to do a private health insurance anyway.
Regards

To get a medical card so that you can access the health service you need to have a contract to work in Gibraltar. You can get a medical card even if you live in Spain so long as you have a full contract. I'm not sure how that affects medical cover in Spain.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you British? I ask because some nationalities need a visa to live and work in Gibraltar. Maybe you could get more info from the Government of Gibraltar website. 😊

No worries at all, I am Italian citizen with U.K. Residency Card, I lived in the Uk for many years , so how would be my situation then if I decide to move to Gibraltar ?
Regards
Azad

I'm really not sure what you would need to do. I'd suggest having a look on the government website. Good luck!

AZad Hama wrote:

Can somebody tells me how much is the average of one bed room flat in Gibraltar please, not necessary in the city centre
Also does exist the U.K. National Health Service? Or you have to do a private one as a self employed
Best
Azad

Details of the Gibraltar health service can be found HERE. Like most countries, you have to pay into the social system, whether it is through work, or if you're self-employed by yourself.

SimCityAT
Expat.com Expert Team