Close

Moving to Riyadh

Hi,

Recently I have received a job offer from a leading insurance company as IT delivery manager in Riyadh.
I have accepted the offer but I am not sure should I move my family to Riyadh.
I am a Hindu, my wife is a school teacher & I have 2 daughters age 9 & 14.
Pl advice:-
1. Should I move my family to Riyadh
2. Will my wife get a teaching job there. If yes then where to apply & what is the procedure. Will she need a separate work visa or can she work on dependent visa
3. What is the admission procedures for my daughters. Can they get admission in middle of the session
4. What will be average rent/ month
5. What are the risk for working women
6. What precautions should any women take so that she doesn’t go against law
7. How safe will be my wife & daughters is I am not in town & on business trip
8. What are the weekly off I’m SAYING
9. Does Riyadh have public transport
10. Can we try for admission from India?
11. Average cost of living per month incl accommodation, education & daily allowance
12. Can my parents accompany me as dependent
13. Procedure to invite guests from India
14. How to get domestic help like maid & driver. What’s the cost associated

There may be more questions but can’t recollect now.

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards,
Vishal

1. Should I move my family to Riyadh
Of course, I would encourage you to do so If you have enough salary. FYI, Saudia introduced new dependent fee - more info.
2. Will my wife get a teaching job there. If yes then where to apply & what is the procedure. Will she need a separate work visa or can she work on dependent visa
> There are many Indian management schools here but again it depends on her teaching subject and experience
3. What is the admission procedures for my daughters. Can they get admission in middle of the session
> It is better to contact these schools
4. What will be average rent/ month
> 2 BHK family apartment would cost you around 20K to 30K(SAR) per year but again it depends the location, facilities, area etc.
5. What are the risk for working women
> Riyadh is a secure place for women. You definitely feel better than India when it comes to women security.
6. What precautions should any women take so that she doesn’t go against law
> Women have to wear Burqa when they are in Public.This is the only thing that comes to my mind
7. How safe will be my wife & daughters is I am not in town & on business trip
> If you are very much concern in this I would recommend you to get a housing inside a compound.A compound is much more secure than ordinary apartments and flats.
8. What are the weekly off I’m SAYING
> Fri and/or Sat
9. Does Riyadh have public transport
> Yes in some areas you will find buses. You will not find public transport like in India. I used to get taxis most of the time(Uber kind of service are readly available)
10. Can we try for admission from India?
> Not sure about it. Please contact schools linked in #3
11. Average cost of living per month incl accommodation, education & daily allowance
> Have a look at this
12. Can my parents accompany me as dependent
> Yes
13. Procedure to invite guests from India
> Visit visa
14. How to get domestic help like maid & driver. What’s the cost associated
> You can use online service to get them or when you reach here just enquire with the people around you(work, home). For the driver, you would get private taxi drivers and you can pay monthly, weekly or daily.

Moving to Riyadh

Find tips from professionals about moving to Riyadh

Travel insurance in Riyadh

Enjoy stress-free travel to Riyadh