Close

Checking out work in Cabarete

Hi, my name is Catharina

I am presently coming to Cabarete in January for 3 months and have secured an apartment in town.
I was living in the British Virgin Islands the last 7 years until Hurricane Irma took my Job and home in September this year.   I have been coming to Cabarate for a month in September for the last 5 years for a month Kiteboarding so I am very familiar with the place and culture. 

I was a General Manager of a large resort restaurant but right now looking to just get a bartending Job and clearing my mind.   How hard is to find work and is the process difficult?  I would appreciate all the help or info I can get.  A little displaced at the moment and feel moving to Cabarete would be a great move for me at this time. 
Catharina

Welcome to the forum and sorry about the hurricanes
Work with out a residency and cedula is getting harder all the time but when you get here just check out the vast number of restaurants and bars in person.
Good luck

Bob K

Welcome to the forums. Remember you are competing with very low paid locals for these jobs. It wont be easy.

Good.luck to you. I am also very sorry about your hurricane experience!

Expatriate health insurance in Dominican Republic

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Dominican Republic

Moving to the Dominican Republic

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Dominican Republic

Travel insurance in Dominican Republic

Enjoy stress-free travel to the Dominican Republic