Estate Agents Phu My Hung

Have used several Agents over the past 8 years

Most have been reasonable but one has been a total waste of time

It appears that the larger Estate agent companies operate in a semi professional manner. However some of the smaller outfits are operating like scam artists. They are only concerned with getting money from the Owners and the Tenant.

Prospective tenants should be careful when dealing with Agents. Make sure you get everything  in writing. Even then you might be in for some surprises.

Yep. Caveat Emptor!

Exactly. You are correct

One problem with the Agents is that when two parties sign an agreement there must be an intention from both parties to abide by the contents of the agreement

Most expats are too trusting and do not expect underhand behaviour.

Had reasonable experiences with more than 3 agents in Phu My Hung. However, one Agent has proved to be little more than a scam artist. Everything nicey nicey until you move in. Then you discover equipment starts to fail.

The Agent knows that protracted conversations will frustrate the Tenant who will eventually pay to get the equipment working. They are practiced at the art of stretching out conversations. Phone calls, SMS, and emails not answered.

The Tenant expects the Agent to support them. It will not happen. They work for the Owner not the Tenant.

Be very cautious when dealing with letting agents around Sky Garden 3. They will scam you

It is also not unknown for an "estate agent" to be passing information about your deal to "third parties" to try and get a better commission from someone else.

Estate Agents appear to view expats as a walking ATM which will be a regular supply of money

Ethics will be in short supply and the BS will be unlimited

Had experience of renting, buying and selling property in HCMC

It's worth considering the qualifications, training, and experience required to be an Estate Agent in HCMC

It would appear that anyone with a pulse can set up as an "Estate Agent"

Had enough of them over a long period so no more for me