Carte de Sejour : What are the common problems for renewel process

HI,

I am finding long delay in getting the response from the prefercture for the carte de sejour renewel.

The prefecture asked me to wait for more 2 months until i get the automatic message or letter to submit the finger prints.

I started the process in the end of july 2017 and till todate there is no news from prefecture.

Has any one facing or had faced this kind of problem or delay with the prefecture.

Please do let me know. ?

Also I dont have valid recipiesse and my card has already expired in September. Is this could be a concerns for me or its a normal process.

Thanks in advance for your help

Saleem

Hi Saleem,

It seems that every Préfecture is different, but my husband and I applied for our cartes de séjour in October 2016 as Europeans having lived in France for more than 15 years in the Alpes Maritimes (06).

We heard nothing until we received a text to say our cards were ready for collection in June 2017, and when we collected them they had been issued in March 2017 so only had 9 months validity left.

We have now moved to the Lot-et-Garonne (47) and the change of address was far less painful - they emailed me an appointment when I asked the procedure - but they still advised it could take months...

Normally though, when your recipissé has expired you should return to the Préfecture to get a new one, as it should be kept valid, and the fact that you have not received your new card is due to volume of demand rather than being your fault.

Best of luck,
Jo-Ann