Traveling with a PET from Bulgaria to UK with a vehicle

Hi

I have a 5 years old male cat and we have recently moved to London. We will travel from Bulgaria to London with a car and will pass trough Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France and then UK. I would like to kindly ask what are the required documents on each countrly to avoid any issues.

Thank you for the help

Kim Peterson wrote:

Hi

I have a 5 years old male cat and we have recently moved to London. We will travel from Bulgaria to London with a car and will pass trough Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France and then UK. I would like to kindly ask what are the required documents on each countrly to avoid any issues.

Thank you for the help

Don't know recent info but in some countries (Austria for example) cats don't need much paperwork.
When we brought our cat to Hungary we didn't need any papers at all - we went to the animal authorities and they said it wasn't necessary.  But the cat had been fully vaccinated and we had papers.  If it had been a dog, we'd have been required to have a rabies certificate and the dog chipped.

You definitely need rabies shots and tests for the UK.  I believe now you also need the chip.  The cat might even have to remain in quarantine.  The UK has extremely strict rabies control. Rabies does not exist in the wild whereas in mainland Europe it's endemic. When it does occur in the UK, it's always been contracted overseas.

Hi

Thank you very much for the reply

We have chipped my cat in January and he also has rabbies vaccine put in February which is lasting 1 year . We will also get the health certificate efore he goes on the road as requeired 2 days before that

I just wanted to hear peoples experiences and make sure we have covered everything

Thank you once again