Close

can we have a child birth with Tourist Visa?

Dears

My wife and I want to have child birth in Brazil and getting the Citizenship for our child and permanent visa for his parent...

but we can get a tourist visa and the time of visa will be 1 month perhaps....
have we permission to get the Brazilian passport for our children with tourist visa? or should we reside in Brazil?

and second problem is the time of visa:

we are going to Brazil in 6'th months of pregnancy, and in the end of visa time is 7'th months of pregnancy, what should we do? can we have an overstay and pay the fine or we have another solution for this problem?

guide me please

Thanks to your response

How are you intending on traveling?  Many airlines won't allow pregnant women to fly upon reaching 6 months, in part because of what you are planning.

romaniac :

How are you intending on traveling?  Many airlines won't allow pregnant women to fly upon reaching 6 months, in part because of what you are planning.

You are factually incorrect

Pregnant women up until the 36th week of pregnancy are allowed to travel by most airlines if not all

Yes...you are right...we will fly before 36 weeks of pregnancy so we have permission to fly...but the problem is the kind of visa that ia tourist visa according my first post

I will never recommend breaking the law. but to answer your question you will have no problem travelling while pregnant. If you overstay and deliver your child in Brazil then you can register the birth and get permanency based on the birth of a child. you must have proper documents to accomplish this. I hope you realize it is difficult for people from your country to get a tourist visa.

Jim

Dear Jland

thanks to your response

we don't want to break the law at all..... I am interested to find a legal  solution for my problem.
substantially, I want to know that the kind of Visa has  a relation to get the citizenship of my child or Not? means that :our Visa is "tourist visa" , does it matter to get the citizenship for child? one lawyer in brazil said that :"for getting the child birth citizenship for child, his parent should be residence in brazil before delivery, Not a tourist?"       is it correct?

and in the second step I want to know that can we extend our visa after expiration date because of pregnancy?

He is not correct. You cannot get permanent status until after the child is born in Brazil. You will then be able to apply as parents of the Brazilian born child.

Jim

Thanks

you are right...

but the lawyer said that we should get a different kind of visa such as "student visa" before entrance and then we can get the citizenship for child after delivery and change the parent visa from student visa to permanent visa But if we have a child birth while we have tourist visa, we can not get the citizenship for child after birth because we were tourist in Brazil....
this is exact quote of the lawyer from my email:
"Once you are here as a tourist, the judge can say that the child born is accidental, so not even the kid will get a Citzenship."

I had some email conversation with some lawyers in Brazil and just one of them said above state and others said that it is possible to get the citizenship for the child who born in Brazil
I want to be sure  that it is possible to get the citizenship for the child who births in Brazil without considering the kind of his parent's visa.

If you feel the lawyer is correct, then take his advice.

Jim

Hi Mohamad

Salam!

Please note that the advice of Jland is accurate.  Also please take note that majority of the lawyers in Brazil have no real experience when it comes to immigration matters.

They are only going to try to rope you in to make money.

I have gone through the entire process myself and I believe you can read my previous posts to get an idea about the process.

If you have anymore questions or queries please feel free to reply back to send me a PM

Regards
Stanza

Expatriate health insurance in Brazil

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brazil

Moving to Brazil

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brazil

Travel insurance in Brazil

Enjoy stress-free travel to Brazil