I am retired male who just got permanent  residency in Brazil.  Will i have to pay taxes  on my USA retirement  pension?? I am not interested  in coming a Brazilian citizen.

Hello AlabamaRich,

Unfortunately, by owning a Brazilian permanent visa you automatically become a Brazilian tax resident and is due t pay taxes in the country.

However, Brazil and USA have a reciprocity of treatment, thus, this means that taxes paid in the US over the income received can be offset with the tax due in Brazil.

New topic