Close

Setting up Business in Vung Tau

i would like to set up a business in vung tau like coffee or restaurant . anyone can advice me like the cost and the process ? i have friend in vietnam who wish to set up together with me.

Thank you.

Find a place. Register.  Pay the license tax. Get the tax rate and pay. Get the required documents such as food safety and Sanitation. Costs depend on how much you want to invest.

Daniel Tan :

i would like to set up a business in vung tau like coffee or restaurant . anyone can advice me like the cost and the process ? i have friend in vietnam who wish to set up together with me.

Thank you.

this is what i will do.
i will take my time and visit as many coffee houses and restaurants
go there at different time and day of the week
spend at least an hour or two, have breakfast , lunch or dinner.
talk to the staff you may learned something.
after you have satisfied yourself, the location and business is viable 
go ahead and invest.

And be careful. You do not say from which country you are a citizen. But you can not just start a business here if you are not a citizen. You must set up a business entity and show proof of $30,000 to invest here and it be on deposit in a bank. My suggestion is to consult with an attorney ( I can give you the name of a very good English speaking one) and a good accountant here. If you are here on a tourist visa you are not allowed to work. You could in theory have a business and not work in it. But I know one who tried that and got caught.
And I would add it is very easy to find friends here who want you to invest in a business....proceed with caution.

Just what Vung Tau needs, another coffee shop.

I really would do some research first.

competition is always welcome.

Come check things out before losing your hard earned cash.

I am confused by one comment. At first you said that a foreign person cannot start a business in VN but go on to say that you will need $30,000 USD. Please clarify . Thank you.

Basically means you cant start a business in your own name, it must be in a VN name and you will need to make a company in that persons name. You can go down the 100% foreign owned route, but I think you need to submit a business and financial plan plus a certain amount of funds in a bank account.

https://www.healyconsultants.com/vietna … setup-llc/