Clarkson, Perth

Hi there,

My husband & I are in the process of applying to emigrate to Perth. We visited last year & stayed with friends in Padbury which seemed like a nice area. We've been looking around that kind of area & wondered if anyone lives in or knows the area Clarkson? Any info on Clarkson & the surrounding areas would be great. Thanks. :)

Hello and welcome on Expat.com nadsta :)

I hope other members in the area will be albe to give you some precious advices soon ;)

Have a great day
Armand

Just looking around and saw your post.  I live in Joondalup not far from Padbury or Clarkson.  Anything you still want help with?  Alan

Clarkson is developing at a fast pace and is in close proximity to Perth. It is well served by basic amenities that are required for a healthy living and is very close to the ocean.

Thanks for your replies guys. Joondalup seemed quite nice too. Think we'll be looking to live around those areas as our friends are in Padbury. Just wondered if there were any rough or dodgy areas we should avoid, although we didn't appear to come across anywhere like that. They all seemed quite nice!

Hello Nadsta - I've got friends in Clarkson, Tapping, Joondalup and all around NOR.  It all comes down to what you can afford really.  Clarkson is a very new area so quite built up, but great for the train station if you're commuting into the city.  Lots of shops, cafe's etc..  When we arrived we wanted to be near Joondalup as it's great for shopping and sports facilities and schools. 

I would advice anyone to stay in a short term holiday let for a few weeks and take some time to look around the suburbs you want to be in.

Best of luck
Lorraine