Hello All

I am a British freelance photographer and move to Sofia sometime in December.
My Expat story is such that I quit the UK in 2003 to seek a different life, making a living from my camera but also finding stories and having adventures, well, its been that and more.
Perhaps buying a house in Damascus, Syria was not my brightest moment but there we are, my situation turned pretty disastrous with the onset of war in Syria and after some time under what amounted to house arrest managed to leave for Istanbul, I arrived broke and homeless just in time for the Gezi protests and stayed for the coup.
Now its time to once again move on, so Sofia here I come.
Anyone wanting to hire a photographer drop me a line, I will be happy to make a very deal just to make connections in a new city.
Be happy to meet anyone for a coffee or a drink once I am settled :)

I assume you sold the Syria story, I would have tried to do so.

One note, perhaps I could remind you adverts are not allowed on the open forums but you can place free ads in classifieds .

Change of hats - good luck with the journalism and your new country.

Thanks Fred
And thanks for pointing out the no ads issue-
Can't seem to find a way to edit the post which is odd

wreford wrote:

Thanks Fred
And thanks for pointing out the no ads issue-
Can't seem to find a way to edit the post which is odd

Members have a time limit for post editing so the ability disappears after a while.

I wonder if I could persuade you to post a few of your photos on this thread. No one really sees much of the real situation in many 'newsworthy' countries so a snapshot of life is very likely to be interesting to a lot of people.