Looking for accommodation around Tahliyah Street / Al Dugaither Center

Hello Everyone:
I will be moving to Riyadh in 21st April 2011. I would be working in a company around Tahliyah Street / Al Dugaither Center. I do not wish to live very far away from this location. Also, my budget is around SR 20,000 PA and am not looking for a huge space ... so a 1 BHK or just a studio apartment which is centrally air-conditioned in just fine.

Can anyone in this forum help me spot a place like this? I would appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks,
Pravz.

Tahliya is an upscale neighbourhood...a studio could cost you as much as a 2 bedroom unit elsewhere..

Check out the Al Rajhi Compound.. they have 2 bedroom units for around 28K, its not a compound per se, just a gated community with around 12 buildings. Almost 100 % South Asian expats there..

Another option is to a bit north, round abouts of Akaria compound.. or towards the sulaimania .. where the mideast international schools are ..

The best way here in Riyadh is to go in the area where you want an apartment, then look for Akariya offices in that place. ask them for available units, and have your number put in for any future availability . You can usually get sumthing good in a months time.

Thanks Kamii:
May be I should consider only Studio apartments someplace else 'cause my budget is around 15 - 20K. Do you know of any website where one can connect with real estate consultants in Riyadh? Hopefully they will be able to help me with finding a place before I move there in the next 3 weeks. Please advise.

Regards:
Pravir M. Karmokar

Al Shatoor Real Estate in Sulaimaniya on Thalatheen Street a few blocks away from Al Rajhi bank, behind the new Othaim Mall, is one of the best in town.

musicman wrote:

Al Shatoor Real Estate in Sulaimaniya on Thalatheen Street a few blocks away from Al Rajhi bank, behind the new Othaim Mall, is one of the best in town.

I just happened to pass by shatoor yesterday.. when I asked the guys there.. he said he had just one apartment .. later on I found their number advertised on atleast three buildings where flats were still available.. any clue what sort of gimmick this is ?

MovinglifetoSaudi wrote:

Thanks Kamii:
May be I should consider only Studio apartments someplace else 'cause my budget is around 15 - 20K. Do you know of any website where one can connect with real estate consultants in Riyadh? Hopefully they will be able to help me with finding a place before I move there in the next 3 weeks. Please advise.

Regards:
Pravir M. Karmokar

Not sure but studio apartments are generally not common place here.. and when they are .. they are not considered the budget rentals.. these are like luxury studio apartments..  check out http://www.expatriates.com/classifieds/ … available/ .. not that I am suggesting you use that to get yourself an apartment..check out the postings there..  it would give you an idea of what range you can get in which area...

Thanks Kamii and Musicman.

I guess I will have to start looking for something as soon as I reach Riyadh. This anxiety is taking a toll on me.

Thanks guys.

Moving...

Welcome to the forum!  My advice would be, don't wait, start looking now!

kamiii wrote:
musicman wrote:

I just happened to pass by shatoor yesterday.. when I asked the guys there.. he said he had just one apartment .. later on I found their number advertised on atleast three buildings where flats were still available.. any clue what sort of gimmick this is ?

They could be commercial apartments. I rented a villa through Shatoor, just a few blocks behind their head office, in 2006 and they were very professional and helpful and I was able to get a good deal paying SR 40K per annum for a three floor villa with roof garden, car park, and a small garden space in front. That was ong ago, no doubt. The son of the owner, Riadh Shatoor was the one who handled our case. They tell me that he now sits in their other office in Hayya Al Worood.