Visiting for One Week - What to Do? Nov 2017

Okay, so here is the deal.  I am trying to show my wife (I'm Ray, she is Rose) that we can live well and comfortably in the Lake Chapala/Ajijic area.  We will be there from November 12 to the 19th. I probably should have stretched this a bit, but trust me, I was lucky to get her to sign up for this. 

One of the things I would like to do is connect with a rental agency and check out a few nice rentals. Housing will be a key issue for Rose.  I also want to show her the market, the plaza, the town and The Lake Chapala Society (signing up for a short term membership prior to arrival).  I would be happy to accept recommendations for restaurants and things to do while there.

And what do you think?  Rent a car or bus/taxi/Uber?

So, here I am, hat in hand, asking for your help.  I hope we become useful and productive members of the community.  And soon. We are both fluent in Spanish.

Welcome to Lake Chapala
This blog here has all the rental agencies listed and their location.
https://www.retireinlakechapala.net/sin … -in-Ajijic
There are also a couple blogs on that site with restaurant recommendations as well as things to do.
If you would like to meet up I can give you the nickle and dime tour of the area.
Bus or taxi is the best way to get around especially since you speak Spanish. Buses are only 7 or 8 pesos depending on which one and taxis around 40-50, maybe as much as 80 if you go to Chapala for the afternoon.
Let me know if I can help

I should mention that Uber is here as well if that's what you want to do.  I know people who use it but I haven't used it yet myself

Thanks for the link.  I bookmarked it and have already started exploring.