Close

Arab men can marry a filipina women??

I am filipina, and i had relationship with arab guy, he is saudi man and married man, but he is willing to divorce his wife just for me. But i dont want,.. he propose me and give a ring,. And he is always insist the wedding and he want to marry me here in saudi and marry also in the philippines he try to call the office of muslim affairs in philippine to ask about the document and papers,. what should i do?? Arab men can marry a filipina women?? I love him so much,.

He needs to apply for the permission in their government (Saudi).

Jojo1818 :

I am filipina, and i had relationship with arab guy, he is saudi man and married man, but he is willing to divorce his wife just for me. But i dont want,.. he propose me and give a ring,. And he is always insist the wedding and he want to marry me here in saudi and marry also in the philippines he try to call the office of muslim affairs in philippine to ask about the document and papers,. what should i do?? Arab men can marry a filipina women?? I love him so much,.

Saudi man/woman can marry non-saudi as long as they get the marriage permission from their government.

Yes, he can

Jojo1818 :

By the way, Office of Muslim Affairs in Philippines is the least of his concern because his first step should be how to apply for the permission in Saudi government so he can legally marry you.

Moderated by Bhavna last month
Reason : Please post in English only.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Jojo1818 :

The first step he needs to do is to apply in Amarah (governor) . Once he have the approval, then he can legally marry you there in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

These are the documents that are needed:
First, he should write a letter stating why he wants to marry a non Saudi.  Together with that letter, he should attach copies of his birth certificate, passport, family card, national ID, certificate of singleness or if married before, any death/divorce certificates, If the applicant is divorced, at least two years should have passed following the separation before he applies to marry a foreigner, and in case he is married with a Saudi woman and wants a foreigner as a second wife, he must produce a certificate from a public or private hospital stating that his first wife is unable to assume all her marital responsibilities or is infertile. The certificate must be endorsed by the ministry of health.

As for your side, these are the papers he should submit together with his. Permission of your guardian (Parental Consent from your father, notarized, sent to Regional Trial Court, authenticated in DFA and The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia).  If you converted to Muslim, he should attach your conversion certificate, a copy of your passport and visa, and Certificate of Singleness (CENOMAR) from NSO.

All he have to do is wait for an SMS from the Amarah (governor's office) for any update.  The next message is requiring to do blood test (pre-marriage screening).
Then he will go to any accredited hospitals to have his blood test done for marriage and once the results are out, he should submit the medical certificate.
Though I am not sure whether both of you will do the pre-marriage screening at the same time or he will be the first one to do it.  He can ask the Amarah for any inquiries both of you have.

All the best!

rimperial :
Jojo1818 :

The first step he needs to do is to apply in Amarah (governor) . Once he have the approval, then he can legally marry you there in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

First, he should write a letter stating why he wants to marry a non Saudi.  Together with that letter, he should attach copies of his birth certificate, passport, family card, national ID, certificate of singleness or if married before, any death/divorce certificates, If the applicant is divorced, at least two years should have passed following the separation before he applies to marry a foreigner, and in case he is married with a Saudi woman and wants a foreigner as a second wife, he must produce a certificate from a public or private hospital stating that his first wife is unable to assume all her marital responsibilities or is infertile. The certificate must be endorsed by the ministry of health.

As for your side, these are the papers he should submit together with his. Permission of your guardian (Parental Consent from your father, notarized, sent to Regional Trial Court, authenticated in DFA and The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia).  If you converted to Muslim, he should attach your conversion certificate, a copy of your passport and visa, and Certificate of Singleness (CENOMAR) from NSO.

All he have to do is wait for an SMS from the Amarah (governor's office) for any update.  The next message is requiring to do blood test (pre-marriage screening).
Then he will go to any accredited hospitals to have his blood test done for marriage and once the results are out, he should submit the medical certificate.
Though I am not sure whether both of you will do the pre-marriage screening at the same time or he will be the first one to do it.  He can ask the Amarah for any inquiries both of you have.

All the best!

I guess there is no standard way of applying because my husband’s process is different from yours.

When my husband applied, he didnt have to provide any papers from my side to be submitted with his. He applied from the Emarah submitting a letter stating why he wants to marry a woman from Philippines, copy of his national id and salary certificate (if private office/company, he needs to have it stamped at Chamber of Commerce, if government—no need for the stamp). Upon receiving his application, they will give him file number that he will use in reference to follow it up. They also sent him an SMS to confirm that they received his application and also stated the file number of it.

When it was approved, he was asked to go to Foreign Affairs in Riyadh to get my visa application number that they forwarded to Saudi Embassy in Manila. Only then that asked to provide papers on my side. They asked for the Parental Consent of my father stating that he is allowing me to travel with my husband, marriage certificate from NSO duy notarized/red ribbon from Department of Foreign Affairs, medical tests from the accredited clinics of the embassy, NBI clearance, certificate from Office of Muslim Affairs (since I am Muslim), and if you are divorced/annuled from a previous marriage then you must provide Decree of Annulment or Finality of Divorce, otherwise then provide the CENOMAR.

That’s the time they asked for my passport and proceed to have my visa as a wife of Saudi National stamped.

zawja :
rimperial :
Jojo1818 :

All the best!

I guess there is no standard way of applying because my husband’s process is different from yours.

When my husband applied, he didnt have to provide any papers from my side to be submitted with his. He applied from the Emarah submitting a letter stating why he wants to marry a woman from Philippines, copy of his national id and salary certificate (if private office/company, he needs to have it stamped at Chamber of Commerce, if government—no need for the stamp). Upon receiving his application, they will give him file number that he will use in reference to follow it up. They also sent him an SMS to confirm that they received his application and also stated the file number of it.

When it was approved, he was asked to go to Foreign Affairs in Riyadh to get my visa application number that they forwarded to Saudi Embassy in Manila. Only then that asked to provide papers on my side. They asked for the Parental Consent of my father stating that he is allowing me to travel with my husband, marriage certificate from NSO duy notarized/red ribbon from Department of Foreign Affairs, medical tests from the accredited clinics of the embassy, NBI clearance, certificate from Office of Muslim Affairs (since I am Muslim), and if you are divorced/annuled from a previous marriage then you must provide Decree of Annulment or Finality of Divorce, otherwise then provide the CENOMAR.

That’s the time they asked for my passport and proceed to have my visa as a wife of Saudi National stamped.

Indeed there is a difference.  So the best thing for them to do is let the Saudi man go to Amarah and bring the documents (better to bring hers so that if ever they will ask, he can give them instantly rather than going back again) and from there he will know what is the next step.

All the best!