Close

Certain things in Uncertain world

I want to read your ideas about this!Thank you:)
Certain things in uncerain world

Death and taxes are certain things

Bob K

Agree with Bob K on this one. First there is death then the taxes after.... :o

Well said Bob

Only witnessed truth: your own existense
Deduced truth: Higher Power
Certain but forgotten: your death
Uncertain: life after death/justice <-> death is end/no justice
Reason: not certain of purpose of creation
Solution: try to find the statement of purpose!

"They say you came up with something so miraculous, something so prime,
Tell them I am but miracle, a lexical of One, an endless of time"

It is said that the only certainty is change.
But as a scientist by training, I must add that the basic rules of physics are also unalterable constants - even if human stupidity (another sure thing) often tries and fails to ignore them.

Hello beppi!thank you for sharing your thoughts

Bob K :

Bob K

Estate agents mummies and daddies are generally unmarried - same goes for lawyers.

I got pulled over the other day. Decided to try something new with the cop. He came up to the car and told me I had been speeding. I asked him if that was, in fact, his observation, that my velocity had been exceeding the legal limit. He squinted at me a little and said, yeah.

So I ask him if he’s familiar with the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. He said no. I explained to him that that principle shows us that the energetics involved in the act of making a conscious observation of something changes either its velocity or position in space-time. Therefore, we could never know if I really was speeding since the act of him observing me altered either my speed or where I was in the world.  We just couldn’t really be sure if I was, in fact, speeding.

That didn’t really work out the way I thought it would, but it did give me an idea for this post.

Here’s the paradox:

What we can know is that we can’t really know anything.

We live in a world that is characterized by uncertainty. We can’t know that the sun will “rise” in the east tomorrow. We can only have a high degree of certainty around that based on our historical observations. However, there’s an interesting thing about the human mind. The mind permits us to act as if we know even though we know we can’t know. In other words, even though science show us that we can’t really be 100% certain about anything, we can still get ourselves into a state of absolute certainty about something and act from that state. Which is actually quite cool, given that when we do that, we are more masterful at whatever it is that we’re doing.

I go to stand up out of my chair. I am so certain that I will succeed in standing up that I don’t even consider the possibility of failure. That’s the knowing state. It is possible that at the moment I go to stand up I could have a stroke, my friend could have walked into the room silently and could hold me down in the chair, the chair could break and I fall. There are an infinite number of possibilities that would have the result of me failing to stand up in that moment. But yet I am certain that I will stand, so I have no hesitation and I stand with doubtlessness and fluidity of motion. It’s a masterful act because it comes from a place of pure doubtlessness or knowing.

I want to apply this to everything I do in life. I want to reprogram myself to operate from the knowing state with the things that are most important to me in life. I want to be certain in an uncertain world and create miracles.

Utopiacity :

\Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle..

Is that the one where you drink too much beer and have no clue what you're doing?

Utopiacity: The Heisenberg uncertainty principle you refer is quickly diminishing with size and mass of the object observed, and is only important for sub-atomic particles. With all daily life objects, you can be at least 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure they are where and at what speed you see them.
Uncertainty in our daily lifes comes not from the quantum mechanical impossibility to measure and be sure, but from simply not measuring and not knowing the truth at all..

beppi :

That's when an English drunk calls the police.

Fred :
beppi :

Correction Fred A Brit  :P

SimCityAT :
Fred :
beppi :

Correction Fred A Brit  :P

Scottish drunks never call the police
Irish drunks never call the police
Welsh drunks never call the police
English drunks call the police if they drop their kebab

Wondering if you can fart freely after a spate of diarrhoea.

Just a note: 

What you are describing is the Observation Effect...not the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

The observation effect in essence says that a measurement on a system can not be performed without changing the system.  So, in essence by measuring a system you change the system.

Your car example, you measured my speed; so therefore, you changed my speed. 

The Heisenberg principle states in Quantum Mechanics the more precisely you know a particles position, the less precisely its momentum can be known and vice versa. 

Both principles are though were theorized by Heisenberg...he used the Observation effect to explain his quantum uncertainty.  He also had a famous argument with Heisenberg stated the Universe is in chaos with all science having unknown levels of error, where Einstein remarked there is order in the Universe that is free from uncertainty..."God does not play dice with the Universe".

But, the officers measurement was accurate within the needs of the measurement, you got a ticket and there is order in the Universe....

lukereg :

Wondering if you can fart freely after a spate of diarrhoea.

Aren't you slightly off-topic here?
(Well, yes, Fred started it - but he's a hopeless case ...)

I am not sure that I am (I am I know!!)

But with the title just being 'Certain things in Uncertain world' I thought it was more general and my comment is just one of those certain things....

As for Fred,  he goes off topic when the topic is about going off topic

Haha the way I read it yeah they are off topic!!r.UtopiaCity just give a scenario,and I think there is nothing wrong with it:)But I appreciate all your thoughts

Bob K :

Bob K

Not in Kuwait. :)

Ribosom :
Bob K :

Bob K

Kuwait found the Holy Grail, defied death and instated eternal youth? Serious???

beppi :
Ribosom :
Bob K :

Bob K

Kuwait found the Holy Grail, defied death and instated eternal youth? Serious???

Let's say they are half way there to get rid of all the certain things in life. :)

Expatriate health insurance

Free advice and quotation service to choose your expat health insurance

Save on your moving costs

Get free quotes from international moving companies. Compare prices and services.