Coming Back to Italy with Permesso di Soggiorno

Hello,
I have been already out of Italy since June 2017. I am in Indonesia now. I still have my permesso di soggiorno for study that will be expired in January 2018. I have graduated from my university in Milan and I have a plan to come back to Milan before my permesso expire. Can I come to Italy without visa (just using permesso)? considering I have been out of italy for 5 months.

Hopefully someone can help me answering this.

Grazie mille

5 months outside, it should be ok.  6 is when it will become a problem.

Hi romaniac ,

First,  i need to thank you for helping so much expats through this forum, i read some of your posts and all are very helpful , and i wanted to ask you : for how long can i stay outside Italy while i am waiting for the renewal of residency permit? i mean (the maximum continuous period ) to stay in my country before coming back to Italy with the receipt and expired residency permit.

Thank you very much

Amr M Salem wrote:

Hi romaniac ,

First,  i need to thank you for helping so much expats through this forum, i read some of your posts and all are very helpful , and i wanted to ask you : for how long can i stay outside Italy while i am waiting for the renewal of residency permit? i mean (the maximum continuous period ) to stay in my country before coming back to Italy with the receipt and expired residency permit.

Thank you very much

I cannot say for 100% certainty, but if your passport and Italian visa are valid, you should be able to reenter after a reasonable period.  If your permit becomes ready though and you don't pick it up for a few months, the authorities might assume that you no longer want it.  Better to check with them, or let them know of your travel plans to avoid problems.

Ciao!
Can i ask a question too?
I have a question and I need your help per favore. I worked in italy until june 2012, I renewed my permesso di soggiorno before I went to the Philippines last 2012. I have my ricevutta and old permesso. I gone to the philippines because it's emergency my father was sick. Fortunately my father is now okay, and I want to come back to bologna italy now.  Is it possible that I can go back without any hassle or problem? Because i want to work again.
Grazie tanto per la risposta! Saluti

Hi Romaniac ,
Thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciate it a lot, and you are absolutely right it is better to be sure first. Thanks again.