Single Permit Application Evaluation Time For Third Country Nationals

Hi All,

I am a Third Country National (Turkish) IT professional who agreed with an employer in Malta. My employers applied to Identity Malta for single-permit very recently and I wonder how long will it take them to evaluate the application? I know my question may not have a definite answer but I kindly ask you to share your experiences with me. I am trying to plan some important matters in my current country, like when is the good time to quit my job (my employers know the process but I couldn't tell them the exact date), or inform my landlord that I am going to leave, or start selling some of my belongings, and your experiences on the same issue are really important for me that they will help me to organize some important matters like aforementioned.

Looking forward to learn from your experiences,

Thanks,
Ararat

Hi
i wanted to know too how it works as my employer applied for me and my husband too.

From my vague recollection last year, about a month or two. I highly suggest you talk to your employer, as they should be in contact with identity malta and would have a much better idea of processing times.

I welcome your vague recollection :) Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it.

Once you get into the country, you will have to go through the Malta ID process though in Valetta.

As someone that just spent the last 4-5 renewing it, it's hell. Be prepared to spent 4+ hours in a waiting room with 30 other people. Also make sure you have all your documents in order before going.

That sounds intimidating. I heard that bureaucracy is slow in there but I guess there's nothing much to do. Of course being well prepared becomes more critical because I don't think I want to que in that line again :)

Ararat Nalbantoglu wrote:

That sounds intimidating. I heard that bureaucracy is slow in there but I guess there's nothing much to do. Of course being well prepared becomes more critical because I don't think I want to que in that line again :)

I did it 4 times last week for a renewal, each time was over a 3 hour wait. Absolutely brutal.

Not less than 8 weeks.

JV321 wrote:
Ararat Nalbantoglu wrote:

I did it 4 times last week for a renewal, each time was over a 3 hour wait. Absolutely brutal.

Sorry to hear that, hope things get better in time.

Cubanmaltese wrote:

Not less than 8 weeks.

Thanks for the reply.

Hello again, my work permit has been approved after 13 weeks. I wish the best to all who are still waiting. Thanks.

Hello sir /madam

My name P.PRABAKARAN

From, INDIA

My qualification diploma in mechanical engineering

Sir, I get job offer in Malta by recuirment agency in Mumbai.  but Recuirment agency side told work visa processing time taken two to two and half in employer side in Malta. After employer get the visa then again 10 to 15 days take in India recuirment agency side told like that. I haven't knowledge about Malta work visa process.  So please tell me actually maximum how days processing time take in employer side in Malta. I hope your side did reply for my message. I'm waiting for your reply

Thank you

any tips.
i have a friend who is going to apply for permit soon.
if you made mistakes or missed things we would like to learn from them to avoid wasting time
  she is turkish as well
she has appointment at VFS on the 9th of this month to get travel visa

Hello,

Can't say what's the max. time but 3-4 months of evaluation time seems normal.

Good luck with the process..

gavherb wrote:

any tips.
i have a friend who is going to apply for permit soon.
if you made mistakes or missed things we would like to learn from them to avoid wasting time
  she is turkish as well
she has appointment at VFS on the 9th of this month to get travel visa

Haven't applied for a visa yet, so I am afraid I got no tips for you.

Prabhupdk wrote:

Hello sir /madam

My name P.PRABAKARAN

From, INDIA

My qualification diploma in mechanical engineering

Sir, I get job offer in Malta by recuirment agency in Mumbai.  but Recuirment agency side told work visa processing time taken two to two and half in employer side in Malta. After employer get the visa then again 10 to 15 days take in India recuirment agency side told like that. I haven't knowledge about Malta work visa process.  So please tell me actually maximum how days processing time take in employer side in Malta. I hope your side did reply for my message. I'm waiting for your reply

Thank you

Hello,

Can't say what's the max. time but 3-4 months of evaluation time seems normal.

Good luck with the process..

thanks for getting back to me.
you said
"Hello again, my work permit has been approved after 13 weeks. I wish the best to all who are still waiting. Thanks".
did you get a work permit before the visa ?
my friend is going for visa then come here to do work permit via the company