Close

Single Permit Application Evaluation Time For Third Country Nationals

Hi All,

I am a Third Country National (Turkish) IT professional who agreed with an employer in Malta. My employers applied to Identity Malta for single-permit very recently and I wonder how long will it take them to evaluate the application? I know my question may not have a definite answer but I kindly ask you to share your experiences with me. I am trying to plan some important matters in my current country, like when is the good time to quit my job (my employers know the process but I couldn't tell them the exact date), or inform my landlord that I am going to leave, or start selling some of my belongings, and your experiences on the same issue are really important for me that they will help me to organize some important matters like aforementioned.

Looking forward to learn from your experiences,

Thanks,
Ararat

Hi
i wanted to know too how it works as my employer applied for me and my husband too.

From my vague recollection last year, about a month or two. I highly suggest you talk to your employer, as they should be in contact with identity malta and would have a much better idea of processing times.

I welcome your vague recollection :) Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it.

Once you get into the country, you will have to go through the Malta ID process though in Valetta.

As someone that just spent the last 4-5 renewing it, it's hell. Be prepared to spent 4+ hours in a waiting room with 30 other people. Also make sure you have all your documents in order before going.

That sounds intimidating. I heard that bureaucracy is slow in there but I guess there's nothing much to do. Of course being well prepared becomes more critical because I don't think I want to que in that line again :)

Ararat Nalbantoglu :

That sounds intimidating. I heard that bureaucracy is slow in there but I guess there's nothing much to do. Of course being well prepared becomes more critical because I don't think I want to que in that line again :)

I did it 4 times last week for a renewal, each time was over a 3 hour wait. Absolutely brutal.

Not less than 8 weeks.

JV321 :
Ararat Nalbantoglu :

I did it 4 times last week for a renewal, each time was over a 3 hour wait. Absolutely brutal.

Sorry to hear that, hope things get better in time.

Cubanmaltese :

Not less than 8 weeks.

Thanks for the reply.

Expatriate health insurance in Malta

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Malta

Moving to Malta

Find tips from professionals about moving to Malta

Travel insurance in Malta

Enjoy stress-free travel to Malta