Confession and a cafe tip

It happens that I walk up to strangers on the street and ask then for directions or a cafe tip. Today I was arsking a beautifull old lady if she could recommend a nice cafe in Stavanger. To my surprice she took me be the hand and quitely guided me to a place called Skage bageri in Skagen 18. The place I've newer even noticed before and outside is just a small sign telling that this is a bakeri and a cafe. Inside it's like time stood still for 300 years, the atmosphere was amacing and I highly recommend it for anyone who like visiting cafes. At one of the tabels there were small metal plates with names ingraved all around the tabel. In the middel a larger plate told that this was the 'morningfriends from sep. 1991'  How about that:)

Hi TheRiver :)

Thanks for sharing this special experience ;)

Regards
Armand

Thanks The River.  I'll go one day for a coffee.

Hi Malicia27

Go ahead and let me know what you think s
Could be me just beeing sentimental...

I like that!

Wow! That is certainly not a common occurrence in Norway! Good for you! And good for her too!
Thanks for sharing!
Kim

Hello Godness and Grit
For me It happens more often than not.
Dooing small things f.eks. showing your palms when you aproach somebody makes them often more willing to help you out.
Smiling and strong eyecontact is essential too.
Arsking the right way is also important. Arsk and you will receive, right.. And there is no need to say you are 'sorry for bothering'. Just 'can i have you advice on something' will do the job.

The point here is to have some social interaction; many people have a desperate need for that, especially if they in the process can help somebody!