Open an Account in Negara Bank, Indonesia

Hi Everyone,

I am a business man from Sri Lanka. Currently I have started my business in Qatar now.
I plan to invest in Indonesia.

I need to Open an Account in Negara Bank, Indonesia.

Is there anyone know any one how to open while I am in Abroad.
Thanks

Yes come to Indonesia with proof of visa and permission to reside here and your passport and you should fine.

Or email BANK by looking through Google for contact addresses.

But I doubt very much you can open a bank account on any country without have legal proof you are allowed to be there as it is can considered money laundering.

Hi Lukereg,

Thank you for your quick response. I just try find out on google. Unfortunately, I couldn't found any contact details.

Thanks

If possible get me some contact details one these agents.

Thanks

No. I am not able to do that. You can try searching Indonesian banks through Google and go from there.

Good luck

Thanks

To open an account legally you will have to prove residency, that means the bank will want to see proof of your KITAS or KITAP immigration document.

If possible get me some contact details one these agents.

Agents can't help as you need to be physically there to open an account.

Thank You

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : illegal advice

Let's clear this up.

To open a bank account legally a foreigner must:
Go to the bank
Show them your limited or permanent stay permit
They commonly want to see your passport and want a lot of other paperwork as well.

Agents can go with you to translate but that's it.

Agents can't legally:
Open bank accounts for you
Open accounts of any sort without you being at the bank
Open accounts if you aren't a resident of Indonesia.

Using any illegal service or opening an account illegally can lead to the account being frozen you, losing every penny in there, and prison time if you come to Indonesia.

Any agent that tells you otherwise is either a liar or a scammer - or both.

This applies to all normal expats regardless of country.

Hello  :) ! My name is Loan! Im come from Vietnamese. I want to open an Offshore no - resident domiciliary bank account! Would you like tell me!

Dohason wrote:

Hello  :) ! My name is Loan! Im come from Vietnamese. I want to open an Offshore no - resident domiciliary bank account! Would you like tell me!

Read post #11

If you are going to open a bank account you will need to have your full legal documents of residency and or working permits.
You also will be asked to complete a notice of tax agreement although this more for American citizens over anyone else.

I was in my bank last week. I had to show my Visa, Passport and also explain what and why I was in Indonesia. They updated all my records while I waited and wanted to know my NPWP and employment status as well as a few other things.

Tell me Fred!

Thank you! But there isn't any agent in Vietnamees! I must go to some where to show my document?

Dohason wrote:

Thank you! But there isn't any agent in Vietnamees! I must go to some where to show my document?

Yes, any branch of the bank you wish to use, but take your KITAS or KITAP with you as they can't open an account without one.

Thank for your reply, Fred but what is KITAP?

Thank for your reply, Fred but what is KITAP? My identification? and why i must have 425 dollaz to open it!

I see your English is limited so I'll try to keep it simple.

You must live in Indonesia
You must have a limited stay immigration document or a permanent stay immigration document

If you don't have the above (and more), you can't open an account here.

Yes i think so! But. I have contacted with the negara bank in jakarta by email : [email protected] they say i can!

Thats not their official email address and so you would be very unwise to share personal information with them.

This is information is from the BNI website.

BNI website

http://www.bni.co.id

Email address

[email protected]

They will tell you a different answer

Dohason wrote:

Yes i think so! But. I have contacted with the negara bank in jakarta by email : [email protected] they say i can!

I'll bet they did.
As Luke mentions above, it isn't a real BNI email address, so more than likely a scam.

Okay! Thank you so much   :top::top::top:

Update.
A scammer just sent me a PM about opening a Negara Bank Indonesia account.

For future readers, it's a scam.

No question about it, they're thieves, and stupid ones at that because they're giving out traceable contact details.

Yes I have had the email.

Clearly the scammers have never dealt with an Indonesian bank before as they forgot to  call me Bapak/Ibu after banking with them for 10 years.

Still I have reported it.

Did you notice they used traceable contact details?
I'm in Jakarta today and tomorrow and I'm tempted to drop them right in the brown stuff.

Dohason wrote:

I'm going to quote this older post now as I've just received a scam email from criminals trying to claim they will open accounts in this non-existent bank.

The bank doesn't exist - It's a scam
You can't open an account legally from outside the country
You must have a valid KITAS or KITAP to open an account.

Some banks are now offering online account opening, but you must have the appropriate documentation as required by law.