Looking for work advice

Hi everyone, I'm 24 and English, been in Montreal three weeks now (my boyfriend's company sent him over here for a while and I've now joined him) and have no idea how to find a job considering I cannot speak French. I am slowly getting by with a little bit of French but nowhere near enough to say I can speak French.

Where are the best places or agencies to join to help me find an English job? I have no problems with any sort of work (within reason of course) and am living Downtown so would like somewhere I can get to easy either by walking or using the Metro.

Any advice would be appricated as so far my job searches online for English jobs in Montreal always results in English/French jobs.

Hi and welcome on board DebbieP1986 :)

I can suggest you to have a look at the jobs section of Montreal classifieds and to post an advert eventually with your professional profile and experiences ;)

Hope it will help!
Good luck
Armand

Thanks, will do that now :)

Whilst I like being able to do all the looking after mine and my boyfriends apartment, I need a job to not get so bored if that makes any sense.

It all depends on what field you work in. Anything retail (consumer facing) you need french. If you have skills in certain industry and are high up (exec) then you may find it easier if you don't speak french. Job hunting in Montreal is all about who you know and don't forget, all jobs say you need to speak french as they have to advertise it by law. Doesn't mean you need it for the job though.

Do you have a legal work permit??

Yes I have a legal work permit (permenant residency)