Bank accounts - renting accommodation

Hi, I currently work in a role that means I travel extensively. Whilst it is great it can be tiring and wanting to get more of a worklife balance.  One of the ways of doing this is living one week a month in Belgrade.  Whist as a British citizen there are easier places for me to live in terms of sorting things out I really like Belgrade as a city.  I recognise that as an EU citizen I can stay up to 90 days in the country however I wanted to ask a couple of questions that I am not sure about

- To rent or buy accommodation do you need to have a temporary residence permit?

- To open a bank account do you need also to have a temporary residence permit? (I noted from early conversations from banks it is not easy to open for foreign nationals)

Any insight you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Serbia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Serbia

Moving to Serbia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Serbia

Travel insurance in Serbia

Enjoy stress-free travel to Serbia