I'm over 65 yr old. Anybody use Coomeva- medicina prepagada?

Looks to me like Coomeva is the only Medical Insurance that has plans for 60 + people.

At 66 years old, I would pay about $576.765 COP or $199 US per month on their Gold Plan.

Anybody part of their plans?

yes

Probably better deal to go on travel insurance permanently really. They charge you for every cita, and dont cover prescriptions and a bunch of other stuff.

Quechimba wrote:

Probably better deal to go on travel insurance permanently really. They charge you for every cita, and dont cover prescriptions and a bunch of other stuff.

I'd be wary of the above advice to go on "permanent" travel insurance .. if you're living in one place and not actually traveling.

IMO a travel-insurance company would be within its rights to deny a big claim if it discovered that the claimant was falsely claiming to be a traveler. 

cccmedia in Departamento de Nariño

If youre a resident why not just do like the locals do? Or is there not a general coverage for the low income, (which is the vast majority of the population) like here in Panama or Costa Rica or Nicaragua......and if its anything really serious, you jump on a plane or get carried onto the plane, (like I did with those 2 French girls in Bali years ago) and get yur ass back to the States and Medicare?

Regency For Expats health insurance has stepped up its campaign of glossy ads for "globally mobile people" on this expat.com site and probably elsewhere lately.

Regency claims they pay 99 percent of claims versus 80 percent industry-wide, with coverage in 120 countries (the U.S. State Department recognizes 195 countries).  The company lists offices in the U.K., the U.S. and about five continents in all.

For customer reviews, google:

Regency for Expats health insurance reviews

Or read the review on the Regency website www.regencyforexpats.com

-- cccmedia in Depto. de Nariño, Colombia

I'd like to know more about this plan. I intend to apply for permanent residency visa and thought I could do straight EPS but am 69. I could barely afford this premium for the Gold Plan. Where do I find out more information? I see Coomeva's website, and though I'm rather fluent in Spanish, it has no English version, and it reads like Greek to me because of all the jargon.

The only way that I know to get more information is to call/email Coomeva. 
When I finally retire to Medellin, I will go in person and review. 
I will also look into their local Colombian health insurance policies.

LightSister, have you looked at the Programa Tradicional Especial?  For you it would be some 124,000 COP per month, under $44 USD/month, much cheaper than the Gold Plan:

http://medicinaprepagada.coomeva.com.co … hp?id=9339

Click on Tarifas to see the costs.

You can also contact Coomeva directly via various methods:

http://www.coomeva.com.co/ss/coomeva/di … tenos.html

Thank you! Will check it out? Is this amount in addition to the traditional cost for EPS? Or is it just straight out?

LightSister, I'm not a Colombia resident so I don't have hands-on experience with EPS or any of their health system insurance - I've always just paid out-of-pocket for any medical/dental procedures while in Colombia.

But on the first link I gave you it states, "Con nuestro Programa Tradicional Especial tienes asequibles coberturas adicionales al Plan Obligatorio de Salud." So I would say it's in addition, you are still on the hook for paying for the Plan Obligatorio de Salud (POS).

Not having much luck getting through to them or in finding specific information on that program. Dialing the numbers is not working or me and the chat feature is for the cooperative and not for the health insurance. But I suppose once I get to Colombia it might be easier.... I sure would like to know more ahead of time, however. So this would be the usual EPS cost PLUS the cost of the special program? That should be doable in terms of budget if that what it is....

Gracias.... :)

I am biased, but I wouldn't touch Coomeva with a barge pole, my Colombian Mother-in-law is with them, and they have been nothing short of a total disgrace, from losing medical records, cancelling appointments, delaying surgery at the last minute, I wouldn't give them a bean.

Nueva EPS seems to be an up and coming Provider, and they take on Pensioners according to their site, just need your cedula.

Personally I am with SURA and think they are great, but I was transferred to them, when my previous EPS decided to stop providing Healthcare, so don't know the ins and out of joining them.