Hi everyone
So im new on expat
But i've been living in bahrain for a while
It's been extremely difficult meeting people and making friends
I never know where to go and what to join

I'm a female and I'm 22
Basically looking for a nice group of friends around my age
Would appreciate some advice

hi Yeahidk! how r u? well im interested to become ur new good friend and i would love to meet new group of peoples from different nationalities and culture. im 34 years old if it is ok for u if i can join u in new group. what is ur hobbies? where do u study?

Hi Yeah,
well if you are looking for people your own age, I'm out, but try googling your interest groups in Bahrain and I'm sure you will find some good people. E.g, if you like running, there is a Hash here, or I think someone on this site has started a movie club, if you are church going, there are a few church meetings around Bahrain as well.
Good luck.

We are being mean. Would you like to meet for coffee? Inbox me. That message is for yeah, by the way

Lindochka1 wrote:

We are being mean. Would you like to meet for coffee? Inbox me. That message is for yeah, by the way

Did I miss a cup of coffee :) ?

Yeahidk wrote:

Hi everyone
So im new on expat
But i've been living in bahrain for a while
It's been extremely difficult meeting people and making friends
I never know where to go and what to join

I'm a female and I'm 22
Basically looking for a nice group of friends around my age
Would appreciate some advice

Hey YeahIdk  ,
Welcome to Expat Blog Bahrain .

I never thought Bahrain is too hard to meet and get to know people  :|
Would you like to join expat meetups ?

I guess we will be having one soon hopefully if the members agree to it  :)

That's a good idea, Gunner.
A few people seem to be up for a meetup.
When are you in town?

im up for a meetup or a coffee hangout too  :D

I'm sorry, I've just been told by a member  that I was too old to be having coffee with you you all. So, I'm out. But you all have a blast

If the meet up is post, 15 November. You guys may count me in as well.
Cheers,Ajay

Sheesh!

me too im up for coffee hangout in nov 15

Lindochka1 wrote:

I'm sorry, I've just been told by a member  that I was too old to be having coffee with you you all. So, I'm out. But you all have a blast

come on, and you believed them ?
you are the youngest young lady around here Lindochka1, you are always welcome for coffee with us .

You are too kind

Instead of coffee, if you find out about Arabic  cultural or Music events, please post on the site. I'd be up for those.  They aren't well advertised in Bahrain but I've been to a few here and they've been quite enjoyable.

will do

Seems interesting :)
Am I also allowed for it ?

When is the #MeetUp guys ? :D

It's been long time I couldn't/didn't logged in. Today I decided to do. Then I met this topic and I saw Lindochka1's post. I'm shocked. What's happening to some of this expat forum members?

Lindochka1 wrote:

Really? Seriously?   :/:/
What's the age limit for a coffee meetup?  :lol::lol:
I guess, this forum has lots of teenagers who are not able to consume their excess energy  :lol::lol:.

I don't know when some of the members will figure out that this is not a dating website...

After reading this topic, I decided to change my profile pic. This is much better one than mine's, and also teenager minded one's will know that I'm an old man...

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes, it can be quite unsettling when you post something and your inbox get flooded with unwanted male attention, and they are not teenagers! It can be creepy sometimes.

Re: music/culture events: I'd recommend to subscribe to the BACA website (Bahrain Authority for Culture and Antiquities) - this way you get most of cultural events in your inbox. They don't spam at all - only events information is sent.

As to the meeting sites: Meetup in Bahrain have quite a few interest groups; InterNations organises regular meetings; there are charities/walking/running groups. Everything is available online and because the country is so small and full expats, people are actually genuinely looking for friends (well, except for the some creeps online).

You're not too old, you're too married for them! Just ignore the rude people, thanks god, they are minority.

Hi guys,

It's been awhile since i open my expat account, this meet up is so interesting. Count me in :)

BACA is a great it's and the Facebook page for the cultural hall posts  a lot as well

HMMMM :/ , Im a local and i didnt know about this BACA , how come ?
, need to check it out

It gives you a list of shows and concerts etc.  in Bahrain. Also check out the Cultural Hall's Page. A lot of  shows there are free and of excellent quality. I think there is a Jazz concert on the 16th
http://www.culture.gov.bh/en/events/eve … gtNJrpRWhA

And BRAVE is on the 17th. MMA is the best kind of entertainment. 8 think there is a fighter from Bahrain contending

https://tickets.virginmegastore.me/bh/s … -champions

Hi, If anyone is interested in photography or videography inbox me, (No worries, its my hobby not work so I will not charge).

I am just new to the country I am Canadian/Pakistani, Arrived to Bahrain Yesterday for the first time, I used to live in Abu Dhabi/Dubai.

Zaim.

Guys, Did you all had the meetup or are we planning for a one this week/coming

I look forward to meet new friends.

AJay

https://www.expat.com/en/events/middle- … ering.html

Im Setting Gathering in the weekend , if you would like to join this group , you can check in ..

Hi am new I don't mind exchanging contacts,am less than 2 months here in Bahrain. A girl in case you wonder . Bored.

Laiza Mawuenam wrote:

Hi am new I don't mind exchanging contacts,am less than 2 months here in Bahrain. A girl in case you wonder . Bored.

Welcome :-)

Thank you

welcome to our small island Laiza

Hi @Yeahidk.

I am new to Bahrain and currently trying to find new friends. I know your post is a few years old but I hope you still live in Bahrain.

I am a 30 year old engineer from Sri Lanka. I would be happy to meet up for a coffee sometime.

Looking forward to meeting up.

@VKB@2023

Hello unfortunately, not only the post is old but she hasn't logged to the website for the past 3 years. Most probably, you will not receive any reply.

Consider opening a new thread on the forum.

Regards

Bhavna