Paying bills in Laos

Hello everyone,

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in Laos?

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

With what frequency are different bills sent in Laos? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Wife takes care of all that !!
They arrive on a monthly basis. Power, phone etc.
Rents, as I know it, do not include utility bills in them.
May be included in short term rentals.

Whitch kind of bills you mean ?

Power, phone, water etc. In other words monthly bills.

My wife also takes care of that. We own our house so pay no rent. Bills include Electricity, Water and if you use gas, the gas bottle. There are also other bills such as car insurance and road taxes. The latter change on a yearly basis. These bills are paid at the relevant offices.

I deal with BCEL bank. They have an extremely user friendly app for smartphones to pay every bill, transfer funds, check account balances, taxes etc. They'll have an icon soon to pay the new road tax bill the end of this month as well.

The only monthly bills I get are electric and water and I pay them on the phone. It's easy and efficient and takes seconds from the comfort of my home.

I'm fortunate in other regards: house, car, motorbike etc. are all paid for.

Dear Priscilla

Sorry with the very late reply,
According to your inquiries, I haven't got much knowledge about paying bills,
As my wife is from LPB 'n she is acting as a Financial controller of our company
Therefore, she's handling all the payments 'n accounting.
However, as i know a bit about the complicated processing of bills payment
even thought some of them, we can pay through the banking systems (on line)
To me, it quite  difficult to understand their process 'n systems
Sorry again that I couldn't help much for this matter

Kind regards,
Bac Apichai