Paying bills in India

Hello everyone,

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in India?

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

With what frequency are different bills sent in India? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

If you are renting, generally you will have to pay the electric & water bill separately.

The billing cycle is monthly.

The bill payment is done at the city corporation office. In case of Karnataka, we have bill payment centers in different cities ( Bangalore one , Mangalore one etc).

Paytm is a convenient way to pay utility bills online. Most of the tier 1 & tier 2 cities' electricity​ companies are already in the system.

Hi,

Depends on which state u r in in India.

Normally, when renting the house, you pay the house rent to the land lord by cash/cheque/online transfer (depending on what you decide).

The electricity bill is paid by yourself online or at the electricity board.
Normally, water bill is included in the house rent.

Some house owners will ask you to pay the flat maintenance fee as well. Again depends on the agreement you make while renting the place.

Apart from that, any other personal expenses are cash/online

Hope this helps

Regards

Purav

Hi, Priscilla....
                 I live in Delhi, The capital city of India. I am have an apartment on rent here usually I pay my bills on 10th day of each month, The bills include house rent, electricity bill and the maintenance charge as per society. I pay it to the owner of the apartment and i think this is what that vary for all India.
Paying bills in India is very easy you can pay it by online or cash to the owner as you like.
there are lots more way of paying bills here, Paytm is a most used common merchant application to pay money in India even used in shopping and stores but the most convenient way is Online payment. you can also use you debit/credit cards.
There are no deadlines for payments here.
If you have any more queries about India you freely write me.

Thanks/ Regards:
Ravi kr. gupta