Paying bills in England

Hello everyone,

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in England?

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

With what frequency are different bills sent in England? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi there

I hive advice DONT make a mess with your bills ,they can take you to court .paying bills is monthly .

Yamin

Yamin213 wrote:

Hi there

I hive advice DONT make a mess with your bills ,they can take you to court .paying bills is monthly .

Yamin

Not always monthly, some times you can pain yearly like the TV license, or quarterly for utility services. But you are right, if you gpfail to pay, it can go to court and failing to attend they will send bailiffs to your property and then goods will 've removed to the value of the outstanding bill plus added charges.

When you are renting most likely you only get bills included if its a home share where you just rent for a room in a house.

If you are to rent a house for a family the typical bills you will have aside from your rent is the following:

Council Tax
Gas
Electric
Cabletv/Broadband
TV Licence
Water

These are also some additional if you have them

Mobile Phone
Road Tax
Car Insurance

You can pay your bills online but the most common is direct debit. Some utilities have option to pay annually quarterly or monthly as mentioned above.

Most of them will allow you to set the date when you want your due date is, but some have certain dates you can choose.

If in any cases you cannot pay your bill on the due date due to insufficient funds get in touch with the provider. If you have a good history with the payment they can do some adjustment for you given that you will pay the bill on the date you have agreed with them. You wont really get in trouble if you will look after your bills. Its only up to you if you want to get in to court.

Hope that helps.

At fact not the paying bill is what upsets me: I paid my every bill before the deadline if there
was something like deadline, but the fact that I am "British", and registered and full in
right exists only before to pay, because after I am just a kind of intruder:
  no any evidence that I am here
  no any right (for sample on the bus there are who tell me not to get on, until some "British
  people" decide to get on or not);
  no full permanent residence even if registered 9 years ago with flat and almost 10 with job
  (see: self-employed) which reduce my efficiency almost to naught:
  no right to University even if talented considered by College Tutors because some British
  people can speak better English than me(is it miracle and wonder?)  and so on, and so on.