Paying bills in Bulgaria

Hello everyone,

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in Bulgaria?

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

With what frequency are different bills sent in Bulgaria? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

We rent and pay our rent, hot water (during winter for heating), water, and electricity directly to the rental agency managing the account of our landlords.

Our last apartment, we paid all of our bills separately, only rent to landlord. At that point, our electric was available through our online banking but water and heating had to be paid in person.

In Varna we paid electricity and water to our landlords. In Plovdiv I paid electricity and water to my landlords.

I think it is all very dependent on your contract and what you and your landlords work out. I like the way it is now- we pay the previous month's bills with our current month's rent. (They attach all of the statements for us to see and make sure everything is in order).

We always have to pay our internet on our own. And in Gabrovo, our only option is to pay it in person. (Which I find ironic considering it is internet).

Oh, and cell phones we pay with our online banking and a car loan is taken each month out of my husband's salary when it is deposited into our bank account.

easy! shop kaufland gorna once a month easypay desk, all bills water, electric and vivacom paid no fuss

Hi,
We have a house in a village near Gorna, unfortunately my Bulgarian is very limited. If I pay bills at Kaufland how do get my bills when I don't actually have an address,  there are no street names in the village?
If you could shed any light it would be easier to pay bills when we are over.

Your account number will verify your address.

Ok thanks