Any expats with kids in Bordeaux?

Hi there
just moved down in beautiful Bordeaux with wife & kids, trying to figure out where english-speaking expats hang out.
For sure i could try a few Irish pubs but although not an old fart yet, i'm getting close to 40 and probably should try some more laid-back social gatherings with, well, family guys. I looked up the Bordeauxbritish site but they all look rather senior. I'm more in barbecues, private parties, chatting about life, playing music, enjoying the beach and the wine.
Any thoughts most welcome!
cheers
Igor

Welcome on the forum Igor :)

Hi, we have recently moved to Bordeaux, our 2 boys are 7 and 4, although they are currently in Bergerac at the moment with their granparents. We are looking to live in the suburbs of Bordeaux either north or over to the west....not sure yet. This isll, as you can imagine, depend on the schools available

Hi all,
My husband and I are looking at moving to Bordeaux with our two little boys, aged 4yrs and 6mths.Im just trying to find out a little about life with children in Bordeaux. We did spend 5 years in the yvelines and are now looking for a change and Bordeaux seems to fit what we are looking for!Of course making friends and finding little friends for our boys is important to us, so any information on where to go would be very much appreciated!!
Thanks,
Sinead.

Thanks for that, we were thinking of the international school but i must check out your one too! i just want them to settle in and make friends asap. i would hate my 4yr old to be lost and im so scared if him being lonley because he is such an outgoing boy and loves company.i guess thats evey mothers fear though!!

Hi, I am from Bermuda. Most people think it's in the Carribean, but it's actually a very small Island (21sq miles) and we are British. I have been living in Bordeaux city for two months. I am married to a man from Bordeaux but currently he is in Bermuda working. I do not speak any French. I have two sons ages 13 and 19. My younger son speaks only english and has attended Assomption since September. My older son attended Bordeaux International 2 years ago.

SOPHIE: i'm wondering how you have found the school and if your kids are now speaking French. My son loves the friendly atmosphere.

SDESMONT: I don't know if you chose BIS but if you would like some information on my sons experience (he attended from age 14 to 17) I would be happy to share.

Hi there, we are just arriving from HK with our 2 kids, 4 years and 2 years old, would be very happy to meet expat families
Are you going to playgroups?
I would be happy to organize one, I don't know if that's something people do here

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for some english speaking families, between Bayonne or Bordeaux, i'd love my daughter to have english play-mates!
I'm french but was married with a new-zealander, we have a 7 year old daughter who speaks both french and english. All our english speaking friends are back to NZ and we miss english communication :)
At the moment we live near Bayonne, but we're gonna move to Bordeaux next july (but we quite often visit family there) , so meeting english speaking families would be great, by any of those places!
Hope to have this occasion soon! :)