Any coffee addicts here ? where to find fresh roasted beans

Hey there, a coffee freak in here who likes freshly roasted and the ability to grind the beans myself.

So I live in Maadi, Cairo, however I'm willing to -travel- around just to be able to get freshly roasted whole coffee beans for a reasonable price

The only thing I've managed to find is "Espresso Lab" in the 5th settlement, however they're super expensive starting @110LE/250gms

I thought I could find more local roaster and stuff. hopefully someone knows the drill :D

Hi,
I am a fan of fresh roasted coffee and because of that i roast it at home using a pop corn maker.
The problem is the availability of green beans.
I use to buy them abroad.
Do you know if is there any availability in Cairo?
Where is the  Lab you mention?
Do they have green beans?
Thanks
Ciao
E

Mac99 wrote:

Hi,
I am a fan of fresh roasted coffee and because of that i roast it at home using a pop corn maker.
The problem is the availability of green beans.
I use to buy them abroad.
Do you know if is there any availability in Cairo?
Where is the  Lab you mention?
Do they have green beans?
Thanks
Ciao
E

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I tried roasting my own a couple of times before and it never turned out good :\
And the green beans will have the exact same problem, either overpriced from the same place (The lab is in 5th settlement by the way) or overpriced if bought online abroad (because of the customs).
So they might be available locally (if normal roasters are available they should be) and that's still what I'm looking for, a  local roaster recommendation :D

Well, let me recommend to keep trying home roasting coffee as after 2 weeks the roasted coffee is already loosing its characteristics and flavor.
Here they are selling a pop corn maker like a football (black and white).
For the guidelines check www.sweetmarias.com is a mine of golden info.
Home roasting is a unique experience and a one way direction....
Of course i am not drinking always a very good coffee cup (i am not using always the same kind) BUT is always unique and fresh event.
Personally i like espresso and a deep roasting level for part of the blend. Robusta must be there at least for 30 or 40% to me....
I will check the lab you mentioned
Ciao

Mac99 wrote:

Well, let me recommend to keep trying home roasting coffee as after 2 weeks the roasted coffee is already loosing its characteristics and flavor.
Here they are selling a pop corn maker like a football (black and white).
For the guidelines check www.sweetmarias.com is a mine of golden info.
Home roasting is a unique experience and a one way direction....
Of course i am not drinking always a very good coffee cup (i am not using always the same kind) BUT is always unique and fresh event.
Personally i like espresso and a deep roasting level for part of the blend. Robusta must be there at least for 30 or 40% to me....
I will check the lab you mentioned
Ciao

Much much appreciated!
Might try roasting again soon, the site you provided seems really interesting, however that leaves me with the exact problem of finding green beans locally :D hopefully someone will be able to recommend me some spots.

Thanks again! :)

Check this https://www.abu-auf.com/collections/coffe. I'm not a coffee person but I hear it's good.

Thanks.
I immediately chatted with them.
Non green beans just sachets.
Regards

Check with this one then: http://www.shaheencoffee.com/details-41 … offee,60g. But try a small quantity first because I'm not sure if the quality is good enough or not.

come and get it from Us At The Lab

Espresso Perfetto Egypt , Downtown Mall

Shaheen coffee
http://www.shaheencoffee.com/product-10 … fee,Sachet

It so interesting to find people looking for Green Coffee like us ( Eastern Africa in particularly HOA Countries we roast,grind,brew our won coffee

Hello there,

I do know a place in Abdeen Square that grinds fresh coffee. It is really wonderful their coffee. The smell is very strong. I actually discovered this place when I was walking in that street then I smelt the coffee and decided to buy some to try it because the smell was enchanting. They have coffee with hazelnut flavor that is great, as well as the coffee with cardamon.

Here is the address: https://www.google.com.eg/maps/place/Bu … d31.245136

You can buy american/ german style cofee and Espresso in Eduscho Shop in Maadi Grand mall.

I live in Tenth of Ramadan , and always buy green coffee here price is around 160 Le to 200 for Colombian ( my favorite for making coffee) I raist it at home but same shop they have roaster and you can buy it fresh roasted .
It's called tahweega تحويجة

search for illy esspresso coffee single shot is enough to make your head straight
ant other type of esspresso is not good for me